Sunday, April 18, 2021

Lush Dirty Toothy Tabs Review

 I'm stuffed and need to kill some time before I play some more Dance Central. I made a Korean beef bowl for dinner. I love all the Korean food I've tried, I really should get a cookbook and try a lot more recipes. One day. 

Anyway, toothy tabs. Funny name for sure. I've always wanted to try these. I haven't really tried a variety of toothpastes. Just regular, kids, and natural. So when I saw them on sale, into the cart they went. 

Lush claims:

Flavored with just spearmint and neroli essential oils, these toothy tabs are elegant in their simplicity. A gentle base of kaolin clay powder and sodium bicarbonate will help you scrub your pearly whites to gleaming perfection. Nibble on one of these and brush your teeth to freshen up before getting down and Dirty.

Lush has really done there own thing for oral care. They have released jelly toothpastes, mouth wash tabs, and solid toothpaste. I missed out on the jellies. I really wish I could have tried those. But anyway..toothy tabs.

They come in a 100% recycled plastic container. They are easy to travel with. And are basically toothpaste in solid form. And there seem to be a lot of "tabs". I like that they don't have Sodium Lauryl Sulfate but they still foam really well. I've found with the more natural toothpaste you have to use more and they disappear really quickly and barely foam. Not so with these.

They also seem to have a slight abrasion so your teeth feel cleaner. Which is nice.

The taste isn't really a "clean" spearmint. It tastes like...something else. I can't really describe it. Maybe like what I imagine chalk taste like with some mint. It's not bad though. But not quite as minty and refreshing as I thought it would be. I have no idea what the Neroli brings to it..I didn't even know you could use it in toothpastes. It's cool they did though.

I think you get about 50 tabs. Which if you use them twice a day, they will disappear quickly. I use my other toothpaste most times and when I'm tired of that one or need a break, I reach for this one.

Ingredients:

Dicalcium Phosphate Anhydrous,  Baking Soda, Cream of Tarter, Sorbitol, Laurel Sarcosine, Kaolin, Spearmint Oil, Neroli Oil, Sodium Saccharine, Limonene, Linalool, Flavor

Overall, I like them. I think they are great for travel. But a little too pricey and toothpaste isn't really a thing I want to "splurge on" if that makes sense. If they were on sale again, I might pick up another bottle..but not full price.


No comments:

Post a Comment