Monday, April 19, 2021

MAC 135 Large Flat Powder Brush Review


 This past week I got completely caught up in the Netflix series Bridgerton. I was bored and just wanted something to watch when I remember flipping through the shows and seeing the lead actor 🤤 .I basically only wanted to watch because of him (I do tend to like period dramas as well). I finished the whole thing in days. I guess I liked it. I'm just not as excited for the next season since he won't be in Season 2. Bummer.

 MAC claims: 

an ultra-soft and smooth brush in a large double-chiseled shape for sheer washes of powder all over the face.

Made in France

I bought this brush when MAC still used natural hair in their brushes. Since they have switched to all synthetic, I'm not really into their brushes like before. I used to want them all..now I'm OK with buying from other brands. Synthetic brushes are made of plastic basically and I just feel there is enough plastic in the world. I'm keeping the ones I have but not looking to buy more.

It is offered as a synthetic brush now. I can't really offer a comparison because I won't be buying it.


 

Anyway, this one is white goat hair, I think it's the same hair that they used in the once amazing 217 brush. It's softer than the black bristled brushes and not scratchy whatsoever.  Which also makes it easier to apply a lighter application since it picks up less product and blends a little more.

The shape makes it versatile. It's smaller than the MAC 150 brush and easy to use for powder (of course), blush, and contour. Even Bronzer.

  Elf Complexion Brush, MAC 135, MAC 150 

I took a picture of it next to the natural bristled MAC 150, and the Elf Complexion Brush as I feel those as the best in my collection for comparison sake. 

MAC 135 vs MAC 150

It does still shed. Not horrible but something worth noting. 

Overall, I'm glad I bought it.




No comments:

Post a Comment