Sunday, May 9, 2021

Another Week with Marley Spoon + Egg White Oatmeal

 I got another surprise Marley Spoon box. I keep forgetting to check my subscription and then I only really look into the emails once it's too late to cancel. So I didn't get to pick the meals either but I'm pretty happy with what I got.

1. South African Bunny Chow- I was most excited for this once I saw it was South African. It's basically a curry services in a  bread bowl. And really good! If it was easy for me to find the bread used for bread bowls I would definitely make it again! It came with creme fresh which I never realized was so easy to step up the flavor by adding salt and pepper. Who knew?

Oh and it's chicken- no actual bunnies.

2. Pasta with Chicken and Veggies- This one was OK. It was a chicken pasta with red onion, red peppers, and zucchini. Cheese. And lotsa fresh basil. It was just...regular. Nothing special or anything I would make again. But I definitely wasn't mad at it. 

3. Rice with Hoisin Chicken and Veggies- I just found out Hoisin sauce is the truth. I don't think I've ever used it but it was so nice on the chicken. The veggies...they were OK. Definitely included some I basically never eat including the beans, radishes, and yellow carrots (which I was supposed to shave- whoops). I took the leftover hoisin packages and made my own original recipe orange chicken that came out amazingly!  

 

And last but not least I made oatmeal with egg whites. It's different in that it's made from oat flour, and you stir in egg whites once out the microwave to add protein and make them creamy. I topped them with coconut, dried cranberries, and dark chocolate as the recipe called for. They were pretty good and extremely filling. But too much work and I don't like have two leftover egg yolks I have to figure out what to do with. I ended up making pudding which was pretty good but don't want to do that every time I made oats. I found the recipe here.

And those have been my cooking "adventures" for the past week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment