Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Lip Smacker Watermelon Lip Balm review

  I had a thing for these as a kid. I remember getting them for Christmas or my birthday and they would live in my toy box. They were the closest I could get to lipstick. I would layer the Dr. Pepper on, layer after layer for a little bit of color. It was my "lipstick."  I wanted to collect and try them all.But my allowance usually went to other things...books, bubble gum, etc


Lip Smackers claims:

Hydrate your pucker with some fruity goodness - always fresh and always delicious!

Made in USA

I'm 100% percent certain I had this one as a kid. I bought this one in a big multi-packs recently. So I'll be using these and reviewing one at a time. I love, love, love watermelon. There's not enough watermelon beauty products out there. I think this is the first one I'm reviewing now. 


Anyway, this is not a real watermelon scent. It kinda reminds me of Bubblicious watermelon gum (I used to buy up those packs as a kid- all the flavors were nasty though). So it's a mix of that and cantaloupe. Ehh.  Not that great of a watermelon scent. 

 It is a pale pink, squishy balm. I remember the texture from the one I had as a kid. It always seems to be leaning and smushing somewhere. I don't know why. They aren't all like that.  But back to the color, I feel like it looks like slight ash on me. It's probably not super noticeable. But I do see it. I would only wear in the house.

It tastes artificially sweet.

And it actually really does work to hydrate your lips. I don't feel I need to apply right away when it wears off. It works. Really well.

Not completely natural but some good stuff in there- castor oil, beeswax, sesame oil, wheat germ, and stevia for sweetener. 

Ingredients:

RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, CETYL ACETATE, BEESWAX/CIRE D'ABEILLE, EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA, FLAVOR/AROMA, POLYBUTENE, PARAFFIN, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA, HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINミRALE, ACETYLATED LANOLIN ALCOHOL, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL, STEARIC ACID, STEVIA REBAUDIANA LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, SUCRALOSE, PROPYL GALLATE, CITRIC ACID. MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, RED 6 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140).

Overall, it wouldn't be my first choice when it comes to repurchase. But it was a fun little stroll down memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment