Thursday, May 20, 2021

Dove Purely Pampering Shea Butter Beauty Bar Review (Made in Germany)

 


I found some rollerblades! And I was shocked when I put them on and found I could still do it. I haven't roller bladed since I was a kid. Maybe elementary school or middle school. I forgot how fun they were. I can't wait to take them out but I gotta wait for my helmet to come in and for the rain to go away. Apparently I have a really big head (hair!) and none of the ones in the store fit. Also, I need knee pads. But as always I'm off topic. 

Let's talk Dove Shea Butter. I tried the body wash years and years ago. And even the lotion. From what I remember I really liked them. So...now to try the soap finally! I actually had a bar last summer but didn't review it. I forgot.

Dove claims:

Pleasant scent of shea butter and vanilla • Maintains and pampers with every shower and hand washing • 1⁄4 moisturizer and mild cleansing substances help to preserve the natural moisture content of the skin Gives a soft, supple skin feeling for a healthier appearance
Why don't you use your daily cleaning program to treat yourself to a few moments of peace? That's exactly why we developed the Dove Beauty Cream Bar Purely Pampering Shea Butter. The pampering washing piece combines mild cleansing substances with our 1⁄4 care cream and smells relaxing of creamy shea butter and vanilla.  The advantages of shea butter have been known for a long time: The high concentration of vitamins and skin-identical lipids make it a valuable moisturizer. Our Dove Beauty Cream Bar Purely Pampering Shea Butter with 1⁄4 moisturizer and shea butter helps to maintain the moisture balance of the skin and nourishes it silky-tender and supple when cleaning. The washing piece exudes a pleasant scent of shea butter and vanilla, which makes you feel well maintained and cared for. 


I love Shea Butter. And I've tried a lot of products that feature it. Or at least I think I have. My favorite and probably the most beneficial way is to just buy the unrefined stuff and slap it on. But it's always nice to have it in a soap or body butter if you aren't into DIY. Shea Butter is great for skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, anti-aging and on and on. It's a skin miracle.

 
The bar itself is a creamy yellow. Kind reminiscent of Shea Butter. It's like all other Dove bars, rich, thick foamy lather.

It smells similar to the Sweet Cream, it's kind of  a Dove version of vanilla. I thought it was the same but they are actually different. But pretty interchangeable to me. I don't really prefer one scent over the other. The scent is nice...but also a little forgettable.

Rinses clean. Doesn't dry my skin too much but still isn't as moisturizing as I thought it would me.

Also...not the best at cleaning. Sometimes Dove bar soaps remind me of just some sort of lotion as opposed to a soap. Just my opinion. It's a little too mild I think. 

But on the plus side, no plastic waste. Just recycle the box and keep it moving! 

Unlike the US version, this bar is actually vegetarian. No animal fats in the soap at all. Which is kinda cool. I haven't tried the US version of this soap. But maybe one day. Definitely not all natural. But it's a "cheap" drugstore soap so it is what it is. 

Ingredients:

Sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearienic acid, sodium palmitate, aqua, luric acid, sodium isethionate, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, perfume, sodium palm kernelate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, glycerin, sodium chloride, zinc oxide, propylene glycol, tetrasodium EDTA, tetrasodium etidroneate, alumina, benzyl alcohol, benzyl salicylate, butylphenyl methylpropional, coumarin, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, linalool, CI 15985, CI 19140, CI 77891.

This one is meh. I wanted to love it but I can't say I do. If you want the real benefits of Shea Butter, it's probably just best to go for the pure stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment