Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Louis Armstrong

 

 Louis! Do ya'll over go back and listen to an artist that came way, way before you were born? I do. I love music so listening to the evolution of music is amazing to me. Especially listening to Loius Armstong and realizing what a different time period it was. Louis broke barriers. He was the first African American to have it in his contract he would not perform anywhere he was not welcome to stay. He was also the first African American to receive featured billing in a Hollywood movie. He was the King of Jazz. 

When you think about it, it really wasn't that long ago.

Anyway, I'm a fan of Louis. And these are my favorite songs.

What a Wonderful World is definitely my fave Louis song. It's a very bittersweet song. They lyrics are happy. But it makes me kinda sad. Melancholy. Yeah...


I also really like St. James Infirmary. It kinda reminds me an old school cartoon. Maybe a Betty Boop cartoon or something similar. Actually I just looked it up and I was right but that version was by Cab Calloway.  Beautiful Trumpet playing. This version is my favorite.


I Ain't Got Nobody is another one on the playlist. It just reminds of the old movies.


I also really like this one, if you've listened to a lot of old music, you find they all pretty much sing the same songs but..there's always just a favorite. I feel like I've seen this song done on the Rascals or something. 


And that's all! Theres plenty of other nice songs but these are just my faves. Worth checking out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment