Friday, May 21, 2021

Glorious Morning Muffins

 I've made a few muffin recipes. But I've never made whole wheat muffins. Which is crazy because wheat is definitely the healthier, more filling fibrous choice. Wheat flour can be a little hard to work with, tougher and easier to dry out. So I was a little nervous about this recipe. But it came out fine. 

It just seemed like a lot of work. 

Even though I've already discovered I really don't like making dough recipes in the Vitamix, I still try it with each new Vitamix recipe. 

It really is too much work. Much easier to just do your thing in a bowl. 

I chopped the nuts in the Vitamix. Wasn't a fan of how chopped they came out. Much better by hand.. Mixed the dry in the Vitamix (pointless). But it was oats, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.

Then for the wet goodies. The eggs, pineapple ( I used canned!), carrots, milk, eggs, and sweetened with honey. Also I added the optional raisins. Why not? 

You still end up mixing in a bowl. Eh...

 At first I only tried the leftover crumbs in the muffin tin when I popped them out. It was nasty. It wasn't until the next day I realized they were actually really good. Not too sweet. And taste nice and healthy! Perfect breakfast really. Add a yoghurt or some eggs and you are good to go. 

They were good. Probably the best whole wheat muffins I will ever make. It was good trying something new and pretty healthy too! 

You can find the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment