Tuesday, May 25, 2021

My Skates are Here!

 My roller skates are really here. I can't believe it. 

I will probably do a review somewhere down the line. I ended up with the Moxi Lollies in Pineapple ( I really wanted Clementine!). They cost a pretty penny but I think they were worth it. They are real suede and handmade in the US. I did also consider the Moonlight Rollers, that are black owned (but handmade in China) but I like the bright colors of Moxi and I found them in stock first.

I also like that Moxi sponsors a thicker skater and makes big knee pads for those of us with monster legs. Really...looking for knee pads that would fit my legs was nearly impossible. Now I'm just waiting for them to get here from the UK. I've already managed to fall on my knee but luckily it was a a slow and very soft fall.  I will be practicing falling when it gets nice outside.

 And also my helmet. Did you know they sell helmets that aren't certified? I ended up going with the S1 because hopefully it will fit my hair...and it's certified. I spent more time than I want to admit watching skate accidents and people bouncing their heads off of cement on youtube. It's horrifying how many people go out without a helmet. It really is dangerous.

But anyway...once I get my gear, I'll be skating outside. I wanted to do some trail skating and learn jam skating (will probably need some new wheels for that, the wheels don't work so well in my room but they do great in the kitchen/living area.) I will probably need some bigger toe stops too. The ones it comes with are a little small. And some fun colored laces. But since I already bought a ton of pricey expensive skate stuff including suede cleaner and boot protectant, and toe guards), I will probably wait on the extras.

I did used to skate as a kid but haven't skated since I've been an adult. The last time I really remember, I was in the 6th (maybe 5th grade?) and I remember going to the roller rink and skating round and round. That was in Iceland. We had a ball back then. Really and truly.

Anyway...I gotta go now and put my skates on and roll around my room. Gotta practice my skate drills! 


No comments:

Post a Comment