Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Baba Ganoush

 I really like Hummus but I rarely ever eat it because I prefer homemade but I'm too lazy to make it. I had no idea you could make a dip out of eggplant until I saw this recipe. I've tried and tried to make eggplant dishes but the only way I really like it is blended into a spaghetti sauce. Other than that I find it too fussy to make. 

So I was happy to see this. But the recipe as written doesn't give you nearly enough information..so mine came out a little bitter. I learned after I bought the eggplant  that you want to look for male eggplant, cause the female have more seeds which made it bitter.

I did like all the garlic though. Roasted garlic is good and very easy to do. I had half of a bulb leftover and put that in my Lentil soup. Mmm.

Overall it came out OK. Wish it didn't have that slight bitter taste. I think I would try the same recipe but just swap out the eggplant for some chickpeas. 

I made flat bread to go with it.


And of course the Lentil Soup with Spinach. No recipe, just threw a bunch of stuff I had in it. Came out really good! 

You can find the recipe for the Baba Ganoush here (love the name) but I would suggest looking for another with better instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment