Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Plant Therapy Shea Butter Crude Review



 I finally went to Ikea to buy plants. I really want to fill my space with lots and lots of plants and have been meaning to go plant shopping since November. I finally went back to Ikea but their plant selection wasn't that great. But I did manage to pick out two plants, it's a start. Say hello to Horton (named after Horton Hears a Who since it has elephant shaped leaves) and the mini palm plant that's not yet named. Here's hoping I don't kill them😌



Plant Therapy says:

Shea Butter is naturally rich in Vitamins A and E as well as essential fatty acids and other vitamins and minerals. Shea Butter is an intense moisturizer for dry skin, and is a wonderful product for revitalizing damaged skin. Our Shea Butter Crude is in its raw state and has not been processed or refined.

Commonly used in lotions, creams, balms and soaps due to its smooth, satiny finish. Shea Butter has a strong nutty aroma and can often change the scent of body care products. We recommend using essential oils to cover up this scent. Please note that this butter is hard and will need to be slowly and gently heated to use.

But anyway let' talk Shea Butter. I love Shea Butter. It's a must have. I've been jumping around and trying Shea Butter from different brands. My favorite so far has been the Shea From Out of Africa. But I'm going to keep trying them all.

I'm always placing an order from Plant Therapy so I figured may as well try out their Shea Butter. It's unrefined, they call it Crude, Same thing. It comes in a big plastic container in chunks.

I don't know how much I paid for it since I bought it a little while ago. But not it's listed at $12 a pound, I believe that's the sale price. I think maybe it was $20. Which is pretty pricy. Especially considering it's not fair trade. 

Shea Butter typically has a smoky, nutty scent. This one isn't as smoky and nutty and kinda smells a bit waxy. I feel you mostly get that waxy scent in machine processed Shea Butter. So I doubt this one is handcrafted. It's not as weird.waxy in texture as some machined Shea Butter's I've used. It's Ok.

I do notice it is slightly gritty. I use my Shea Butter in little jars of mixes I made with other oils/essential oils and I've noticed most of the mixes are slightly gritty. Not too gritty and it could have just been this batch. It melts easily and doesn't bother me too much.

Shea Butter is amazing on dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, as a anti-gaining facial moisture, blemishes. It's an amazing all purpose little butter. I love this stuff! If you aren't into mixing you can even just use it straight. It is easy to work with (especially in warmer months). In the winter it may be firmer and harder to work with but it melts at body temperature. 

Shea Butter for me is a must have. And this one is OK. It's not my favorite Shea Butter, will do in a pinch but I prefer the handcrafted, smokier, thicker, nuttier version. 



No comments:

Post a Comment