Thursday, June 3, 2021

Lush American Cream Shower Gel Review

 My sister got Disney Plus so I've been a little occupied watching all the Pixar movies. And some Disney. But mostly Pixar because I love them so much. They almost always make my cry 😭. Best writing ever. But I figured I would tear myself away to post a review. 

Today...American Cream Shower Gel. 

Lush claims:

We put on our sundae best with fresh strawberries and sweet vanilla. Whip up a lather to cleanse and soften skin leaving it kissed with a sweet touch.

Cleansing fresh strawberries and sweet vanilla absolute go together like rama lama lama ka dinga da dinga dong. If you're into cat-eye glasses, rock 'n' roll and strawberry milkshakes with whipped cream, this shower gel is the stuff your dreams are made of. You won't be stranded at the drive-in after washing with tempting benzoin, softening carrageenan extract and herbal clary sage. In fact, you’ll be left hopelessly devoted to this shower gel.

From what I've heard, this first started as a conditioner. It become mega popular and now you can get it in shower gel/bath bomb form. I've also read somewhere it's supposed to be named after an American Cream drink or liquor. Not anything I've heard of...but Ok. It's mostly a vanilla kind of scent. But not your typical vanilla. It smells more sophisticated and spa like. With little hint of Lavender. Lots of review I've read talk about a Strawberry scent and...not to me. There may be strawberry juice in it but it doesn't smell like strawberry at all. It does have a weird hint of cheap bubble bath to it, but it's not that noticeable. 

I like the scent. But I don't love it. I paid 10 Euro for it...but if I had paid full price, I might be a bit disappointed in it.

It's not the strongest but you can smell it lingering somewhat after using it.

The lather is nice. I use it in a washcloth and it works well enough...though it's not the richest, thickest, or the bubbliest. But it gets the job done.

The ingredients are nice. I like that it has some of my favorite oils like Lavender, Vanilla, and Clary Sage.

It also has a lot of fresh juice in it that I think it's mildly exfoliating and brightening. Strawberries contain salicylic acid and a few other acids naturally which is a helpful ingredient when it comes to acne. Could be a good one for body acne?

It does have Sodium Lauryl Sulfate...but it's not drying, which is nice.

Ingredients:

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Vanilla Absolute, Clary Sage Oil, Lavender Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Fresh Orange Juice, Fresh Strawberry Juice, Carrageenan Extract, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Coumarin, Color 

For me it was nice to try...but not something I would buy again. I kinda wish I bought the smaller bottle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment