Monday, June 14, 2021

Strawberry Lip Smacker Review



 Strawberries are always my flavor of choice. I love strawberry anything. Strawberry ice cream, strawberry yoghurt, strawberry jam, just give it to me in strawberry!  It's been years and years since I've had any strawberry "beauty" stuff. Or not, I've actually had a few things from Lush this past year I forgot about. Whoops! But anyway....


Lip Smacker claims:

Hydrate your pucker with some fruity goodness - always fresh and always delicious!

I've had a few strawberry lip balms. One from Nivea and another from Smith's. This one is my favorite without a doubt. It's an artificial strawberry scent that doesn't smell exactly like real Strawberry. It does have some of the tartness of the strawberry. It's close enough that it's recognizeable to the fruit and that's good enough for me. 



It's not all smoosh-y like the watermelon. And it goes on clear and a little glossy. And very hydrating. No dry lips here.

It's not as sweet as some of the other balms but you aren't really supposed to eat it anyway. 

I always love these because they remind me of growing up. I wanted to collect them all and never got around to it. Saw it recently in the store and decided to pick up the multi-pack. 

The ingredients could be better. I try not to eat hydrogenated oils (not good for you at all!) so I wish they would change that ingredient. You can easily get a completely natural balm but...they are lip smackers so they get a pass. I did have one of their natural lip balms years ago that was basically trash.

Ingredients:

RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, CETYL ACETATE, BEESWAX/CIRE D'ABEILLE, EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA, FLAVOR/AROMA, POLYBUTENE, PARAFFIN, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA, HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINミRALE, ACETYLATED LANOLIN ALCOHOL, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL, STEARIC ACID, STEVIA REBAUDIANA LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, SUCRALOSE, PROPYL GALLATE, CITRIC ACID. MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, RED 6 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140).

Overall....I like this one. I think it might be my favorite lip smacker flavor/scent.

Random: 

Fancy tea haul! I've wanted the Marie Antoinette tea for forever. I like that the company has been around since 1692 and the apples and rose are actually from Versailles. I don't the it's my favorite flavor but cool to try. And of course some from Harney and Sons!


No comments:

Post a Comment