Saturday, July 3, 2021

Dove Pink/Rosa/Rose Beauty Bar Review


I always mention that Dove was my childhood soap. We always had a closet full of Dove. Whenever I would visit either of my grandmas houses they would also have Dove. It's nostalgia for me and reminds me of getting up all early to get ready for school. Good Timesbut definitely getting ready to go to school back in the day at the time wasn't what I would have called a good time. 

Dove claims:

• #1 Dermatologist Recommended

• Effectively washes away bacteria while nourishing your skin

• Classic formula with a delicate pink hue

• Our formula with ¼ moisturizing cream and mild cleansers helps retain skin’s moisture

• Leaves skin softer, smoother and more radiant looking vs. ordinary soap

• Suitable for daily use on face, body and hands

• It's not a soap - it's a beauty bar
We think that skin cleansing should be an act of beauty for your skin that leaves it feeling soft and cared for. And Dove Pink Beauty Bar also has a delicate blush of color that adds a touch of sophistication to your bathroom. Combined with our ¼ moisturizing cream, Dove Pink Beauty Bar helps nourish your skin during washing.

Dove Beauty Bars are specially formulated to deliver skin natural nourishment, helping your skin to keep its natural moisture during cleansing. Dove Pink Beauty Bar contains our ultra-mild cleansers, which don’t strip skin of moisture like a regular soap bar can. It’s mild enough to be used on your face, body and hands – the perfect addition to your daily skin cleansing routine. 

Just rub this Dove bar between your hands and smooth the lather over your skin before rinsing away.

I can't lie, I spent most of the time I used this soap confused. I thought it was supposed to have a Rose scent. I never could detect any Rose scent and that confused me. Until I finally figured out its exactly the same as the Dove White but colored pink. Oddly enough there are some reviews out there where people claim it has a floral/rose scent. 

via GIPHY

Yeah..makes no sense. So it really is the same as the Dove White and I'm about to go and copy some of my review from that one here. No shame in my game. 


*Begin Copy and Paste*

Opening it up, it has that classic Dove look. A curvy, white  pink  bar with the Dove logo in it. The shape makes it super easy to hold.

The scent is just Dove. It's mild, and very clean.  Also impossible to describe. I was so tired of the scent back in the day. Now using it, it's nostalgic. Reminds me of baths as a kid, and every shower I took for probably the first 17 years of my life. The lather is nice. It's super thick and plentiful from a little bit of soap. But I go overboard with the lathering. Can't help it. 

It's not drying. Or moisturizing. It mostly leaves my skin feeling normal. But every now and then when it was cold I remember my skin being a little dry. 

I'm a fan though. My grandmas knew good soap. 

I think it came out back in the the 50's (the white version, which is the white pink version). The main marketing is the quarter moisturizing (cleansing)cream. Every advertisement they said that. I know because I love watching old commercials. "Dove Creams your skin". Makes no sense, just a bunch of marketing buzz words.It's gotten some hype lately as a facial soap. I would try it every now and again. But I just can't see myself using it on my face regularly at all. I really do prefer a natural face cleanser. It could also be I tried it back in the day and remember breaking out...that was a long time ago and likely my skin would react different. But...I'll stick with my regular cleanser. 


The ingredients don't have a single ingredient I'm excited about using on my skin. But...that's Dove.It never claimed to be natural..but probably good for those that have skin that prefers more synthetic cleansing. Or allergies.

Ingredients:
Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Lauric Acid, Sodium Tallowate Or Sodium Palmitate, Water (Aqua), Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate Or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium Edta, RED,Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

As far as drugstore, Dove is the most expensive classic type of soap. Ivory, Dial, Coast, Irish Spring are all  a lot more affordable unless you find a sale and use coupons. But I think this might be my favorite.

It's a classic for a reason.  

*End copy and paste*

 For some reason I feel that they are the same but I prefer the white version. I feel it works better? And also I'm not that into the color pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment