Saturday, July 17, 2021

Lush Melusine Bath Bomb Review


 I had to look up the story of Melusine before I started this post. Apparently Melusine was a Mermaid. I read a little bit of her story on Wikipedia before I got bored and just decided to go ahead with the review. I heard a lot of good things about this bath bomb, so I was pretty excited to use it.

Lush claims:

An uplifting, glittery bath bomb filled with a mood-boosting blend of citrus that's perfect for anyone who wants a day at the beach from the comfort of their own tub.

If you’re feeling like a nervous wreck, drop Melusine a line. This mesmerizing mermaid fizzer was made with a scent inspired by our popular Avocado Co-Wash, now molded in the shape of shimmering bath bomb. Glittery turquoise waters are sure to make waves with an infusion of lemony litsea cubeba and cheerful bergamot oil while carrageenan extract and olibanum oil hydate and nourish the skin. Watch your cares drift away with this undersea wonder.

A nice pretty bath bomb with colors not used enough by Lush. I think green is one of my favorite (unexpected) colors of bath water. This particular green was gorgeous. Especially with all the glimmer and shimmer. I didn't get a good picture of it because I was so ready to get in...but it was very pretty. It was an even darker green than I was able to get in a picture


Warning: I did find some chunky shards of what I think was salt. They were quite sharp but I think they dissolved. Worth noting because I found a lot of people mentioning it in reviews and they seemed to have more trouble with it than I did.

The water was also very moisture rich. I'm always so surprised by how moisturizing the water feels when I touch it. 


Now for the scent. It smells like lemon, Irish Spring soap, and something sweet. It's a very interesting scent. I did kinda like it. But it was very light. I feel like this one would make a great shower gel. As for a bath scent, I enjoyed it but not something I would go out of my way to buy again. Although the color of the water almost has me reconsidering. 

Ingredients:

Baking Soda, Citric Acid, Course Sea Salt, Carrageenan Extract, Bergamot oil, May Chang Oil, Frankincense Oil, Water, Titanium Dioxide, Gardenia, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Synthetic Biodegradable  Glitter, Tin Oxide, Dipropylene Glycol, Amyl Cinnamal, Citral, Limonene, Colour 

Overall, fun to try but not a repurchase for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment