Thursday, July 15, 2021

Herbivore Blue Clay Soap Bar Review


 I'm a sucker for a "new" ingredients. Or at least...new to me. In this case, blue clay. Also, I wanted to try some Herbivore and the soaps were the cheapest from their line. I tried the Bamboo Charcoal one a few months ago. I wasn't blown away by the charcoal one. It was OK. 

Same as this one.

Herbivore claims:

Formulated with mineral rich Cambrian Blue Clay to revitalize the skin bringing improved tone and texture, includes soothing and uplifting blend of lavender and litsea oils to brighten and balance the skin. Produces ad rich, luxurious lather making this an ideal face or body bar. Especially suited to combination and normal skin types.

Looking at the website...I think this is discontinued now. Of course.

I've had it for a long time now. It was just patiently waiting for me to finish the bamboo one. 

I'm really simple when it comes to washing my face/cleaning off makeup. I don't use wipes or makeup remover. Just a bar of soap and I go to town. I've never been a wipe user, they aren't good for the environment or your skin but I have used coconut oil in the past with really stubborn makeup. But then I got lazy.

So I double cleanse with my bar of soap. Moisturize and go.

I don't remember if this had a scent. It was sitting in my cabinet with a bunch of Dove bars...so it kinda smells like that. And then a whiff of just a natural soap scented with faded essential oils. The scent is nothing to write home about. But that might be my fault since I let it sit...maybe too long.

But soap doesn't really expire. 

The bar itself is a small, chunky bluish gray bar. 


Lathers easily. Cleans off my makeup well enough. Doesn't dry my skin out but then again I always put shea butter or a facial oil on after. 

It's alright and does what it's supposed to do. I can't say I notice any brightening or improved texture. I'm not sad about them discontinuing it.

The ingredients are great. Completely natural, everything recognizable. 

Ingredients: Saponified Coconut Oil, Saponified Olive Oil, Sustainable Palm Oil, Vitamin E. White Clay, Cambrian Blue Clay (Montmorillonite), Lavender Oil, May Chang Oil 

It was about $12 for a little four ounce bar. There are definitely comparable bars that are handmade (some with better ingredients/oils for a much better price. I would recommend checking out a brand called Chagrin Valley. I haven't tried anything with blue clay that is very comparable but you can't go wrong with one of their bars. Or even some of the ZUM bars would make great facial bars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment