Monday, August 2, 2021

Cinnamon Pinwheels, Mozzarella Chicken Schnitzel, and Triple Power Icy Lemon Pops

 I'm about to activate maximum relaxation mode, but before I slip into complete laziness...figured I would knock out a post. My recipes are building up and usually if I let it go too long, I tend to just forgot what I made and lost pics. 

So..here we are.


1. King Arthur Cinnamon Pinwheel Biscuits- There is nothing like a homemade cinnamon roll. I don't even like Cinnabons cause I grew up on homemade (lucky me!). I almost never make them myself..so I was curious to try this out to see if it could be a quick substitute. And it can't. It really is just a biscuit pinwheel. It was OK. If you are a biscuit lover...you may like these. I just kinda missed the yeast raised cinnamon bun. They definitely weren't bad though. And they were really cute miniatures...


2. Triple Power Lemon Pops- This recipe came from my Harry Potter cookbook. I really do love the excerpts from the book and how it relates to the recipe. I haven't made popsicles in years and forgot how easy they are to make. Specially these! They had three types of lemon- extract, lemon juice, and the zest. They weren't punchy...they almost tasted like store bought. But I liked them. I'm just thinking of all the variations you can do- Lemon Lavender, Lemon Rose (adding rosewater), use orange or limes instead of lemons. I may give it a go, I already have some Lemon Raspberry ones in the freezer, I used raspberry extract instead of lemon. I think they are gonna be great! 

Update: It is great! Adding the raspberry extract made it taste like the blue raspberry popsicles you get in the big pack...but BETTER! I am about to make them again and again. At least until I use up the extract which I have two bottles of. Yes! 


4. Marley Spoon Mozzarella Chicken Schnitzel- I finally made the last meal in the box, I had to replace the tomato and the basil since those went bad...but the chicken was fine because I had frozen it. Anyway...easy to make. Very similar to Chicken Parmesan. It wasn't mind blowing good...but good enough and super simple to re-create it if I wanted to. I did really like the schnitzel. I should make it more often...


And that's all. Relax mode activated.




No comments:

Post a Comment