Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Lip Smacker Vanilla Lip Balm Review

 Another Lip Smacker, takes me right back to my childhood. And surprisingly...they are really great lip balms. This one, I remember using, not sure when but I think I've had the vanilla a few times. Back in the day I tried the natural vanilla bean lip balm...It wasn't that great though. And they have long since discontinued that line..which was probably a good thing

Lip Smacker claims:

Moisturize and soften lips with lip smacking flavor and shine. 

They don't sell this in a single...you can only get it in a pack these days. Which I'm not mad at because it's not my favorite and I wouldn't buy it in a single.

The scent is more vanilla birthday cake. The boxed kind. It reminds me up the Yankee Candle in Vanilla Cupcake. So it's very artificial and then has something a little strange to it. It's not horrible. But it's not my favorite either.


Other than that, the lip balm is very good. It smooths your lips. Adds a little bit of shine. My lips have been crazy soft, smooth, and hydrated lately. It really is just a matter of finding your favorite scent. Of the ones I'v reviewed so far the Strawberry was my favorite, but I even got a little tired of that one by the end of the container.


It does have a slightly sweet taste but...also a kinda strange taste. I don't really lick it off much and it's not too noticeable unless I am licking it off. 

Some of them do seem to have a different texture and this is one of the better ones. There are some such as the Watermelon that are a little too squishy. 

The only thing is..not all natural. But I knew that going in. It does have some goodies, castor oil, beeswax, sesame oil, wheat germ oil, etc. And then some stuff I would rather not have in lip balm.

Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetyl Acetate, Beeswax/Cire dAbeille, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de Candelilla, Flavor/Aroma, Polybutene, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Hydrogenated Soy Glycerides, Paraffin, Propylene Glycol , Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Stearic Acid, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Neotame, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Amyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Methyl 2-Octynoate. MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR Red 7 Lake (Cl 15850), Red 6 Lake (Cl 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140), Blue 1 Lake (Cl 42090), Red 28 (Cl 45410), Carmine (Cl 75470), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891).

Overall, good lip balm but not my favorite. My favorite vanilla lip balm has to be the Chagrin Valley Vanilla Bean lip balm. That stuff was divine! 



Random: I'm down three eyeshadows. I used one up by gooping it on every night to incorporate it into looks...and then because I really, really hate the blue- the color turns into an ugly dull blue grey, it doesn't blend well etc. I just blended it and another color into some bubble bath I have for colored bath water. Much more fun and nice to get rid of it and feel like "used it". I tore the palette apart, put the metal in the recycle and the cardboard in the paper recycling and it's done. Except the purple which I do like and added to a palette with my other leftover shades from other palettes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment