Thursday, August 5, 2021

Lush Honey I Washed the Kids Shower Gel Review


 Yum..more Honey I Washed the Kids. I've tried a quite a few things in this scent...Soft Coeur Massage Bar, the bar soap version,  Ma Bar Bubble Bar,  Shoot For the Stars Bath Bomb, and the Honey Bee Bath bomb, It's a scent that has come in a lot of things from Lush....and although I liked the shower gel, I think the bar soap has been my favorite iteration of the scent. 

Lush claims:

Packed with mega moisturizing honey, this is one toffee-scented sudser the whole family will love.

Everyone will love lathering up with this deliciously scented gel, and we don't blame them: its addictive sweet toffee perfume, with uplifting sweet orange and bergamot oils, makes it pretty hard to resist. With loads of moisturizing honey blended into a soothing lotus flower and tiger lily infusion, this self-preserving gel is gentle on dry or sensitive skin.


I think this used to be named It's Raining Men Shower gel...but I never tried that so I couldn't say for sure. 

It has the signature honey/toffee scent which for some reason smells better in the bar form. I'm not sure why...maybe this takes on more of a honey scent since it has quite a bit of honey. In fact, honey is the very first ingredient. What other brand is going to do that but Lush? The toffee scent seems to take more of a back seat while in the soap it seems to be front and center. I really like the toffee element so I think that's why I prefer the soap. I could just tape it under my nose and go on about life very happily. 


It looks like honey, it has the consistency of honey but it lathers like a shower gel. Pretty cool. The lather isn't crazy big, or rich or even luxurious. In fact, it seems to take a little more than usual to lather up so I feel like I'm going through it quickly. I think that is due to all the honey. And I'm not mad at that.

The scent isn't very strong, I can smell it in the shower but it doesn't scent up the whole bathroom, and it doesn't stick to my skin. For those that like a lighter scent, that's probably a good thing, I kinda wished it was stronger.

I'm not really sure the honey actually does much for my skin, my skin doesn't really feel anymore moisturized then when I am using anything else. I wouldn't say it's drying though. 

The ingredients especially compared to other brands shower gels are pretty excellent. Love that Honey is the first ingredient. It still does have SLS in it, but that doesn't really bother my skin- it only seems to do me wrong when it's in a shampoo). It has Rosehip, which I don't think I've seen in a Lush Product before, but I do like Rosehip oil. It's got Tigerlily and and Lotus Flower Infusion. Of course it has Lush's favorite (and mine) Bergamot oil. And last but not least Orange oil. 

Ingredients:

Honey, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Rosehip; Lotus Flower and Tiger Lily Infusion (Rosa canina, Nelumbo nucifera and Lilium tigrinum), Perfume, Brazilian Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Titanium Dioxide, Amyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, *Citronellol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool

Overall, I like it. But since I like the soap more (it's cuter and packaging free, the only thing is it doesn't have as much honey), I would definitely buy the soap again but would only buy this again if it was on sale. Which is how I bought it originally. 


No comments:

Post a Comment