Sunday, August 1, 2021

Lush Brightside Bubble Bar Review

 Last week was a tough, stressful week. But I have de-stressed. With a bubble bath...and I attempted to go out last night. I wasn't successful but I kinda had fun anyway. I did my makeup, put on a cute outfit and went downtown, I was all ready until I saw a huge crowd of maskless people and I was like NO. But I barely went anywhere and three guys were trynna talk to me. This was me to myself:

via GIPHY

Little Bit of an Ego Boost that I needed. But anyway...on to the bubble bar review. I had to do an airport run so I had coffee (coffee is horrible for me, it keeps me up for days). But  since I was up most of the night and will prolly still be up, I figured why not post.

Lush claims:

Dip into sweet and uplifting red-orange waters reminiscent of a glowing sunset. Citrus and bergamot oils shine bright to create its energizing scent.

Everything about this bubbler will leave you feeling cheerful and looking on the bright side of life. When you crumble this one under the tap, your tub will turn into a vivid, hypnotizing red-orange sunset with frothy white clouds of bubbles. Imagine yourself in a sun-drenched locale and emerge from the tub feeling energized and smelling like a dream thanks to citrusy, uplifting Sicilian mandarin, tangerine and bergamot oils.

This was in the Lush lineup when I originally got into the brand and I'm just now getting around to trying it.


Let me tell you, I'm glad Lush didn't discontinue it. It smells heavenly. It smells like blood orange oil. Or just orange in general. But the best orange scent ever. The only one I can think of that competes is the Golden Wonder Bath bomb and that's citrus and champagne/bubbly. It was exactly what I needed after the week I had!

The only thing is I wish the scent was stronger. I also really wish they made this in a lotion scent since it would last longer that way. 

As for performance, you get lotsa bubbles and it makes the water my favorite color- orange. 


Didn't dry my skin.

The only thing is, it doesn't look like the picture. Mine wasn't really shaped like the pic on the site, and it was missing the yellow. Not a big deal. 

Also, I cut mine into three pieces so that means one piece equals three baths. Since Lush is a little on the pricier side per bath, being able to get three baths was nice.

I'm really surprised it doesn't have blood orange in it but it has red mandarin oil, tangerine oil, bergamot oil, and gardenia extract. Most of those oils are said to be really calming. And I would have to agree. Nearly anything with bergamot is the ultimate relaxation for me. Luckily Lush uses a lot of Bergamot.

Ingredients:

Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Sicilian Red Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata), Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Colour 14700, Colour 15510

Overall, I'm pretty sure this will make it into my year end favorites. It's a really nice pick me up bath and if you like ctirus/orange scents, I think you would like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment