Monday, August 9, 2021

More Makeup I've Hit Pan On

 I've pulled a couple of all nighters lately and to try and recover I took a nap when I shouldn't have so I am wide awake.

via GIPHY

Since there is nothing else to do..figured I may as well do a quick post while I'm watching eyeshadow palette reviews for palettes I don't need

I'm on a mission to use up at least 10 shadows in my collection...a few years ago I was actively panning shades to use them up (really so I could justify buying more!). I've kinda of accidentally/on purpose bought a new palette so I want to use up some shades for real now. 

These are three I've hit pan on.


1. L'oreal Duo in Sassy- They stopped making these years ago so you know it's old. Back in the day, I loved the L'orea Hip Eyeshadows. They were nice colors, decent quality, the only downside was the packaging was huge and the amount of shadow you got for your money was not a lot. They are easy to use up and I've used up at least 4-5 (maybe more) already. I only have a turquoise color left and this one. This isn't a favorite shade, it's decent though if you wet it. Lacks pigment. But I've been having a lot of fun matching it up with some of the other blue shades in my collection and today I made a look with it that I LOVED. It will probably be gone in the next few weeks since I've been wearing it basically everyday. You can really mute it for an everyday look or amp it up so it is versatile. I have another shade that's very similar to this in a palette I have s although I like it, I won't be terribly sad when it's gone.

2. Smashbox Opus- I basically used up my original Naked palette a few weeks ago (except the gold) so I decided to pick another palette in my collection to use up...eventually. I figured I would start with using up the light colors since they are easy to use everyday as a brow highlight. This is a pink toned, matte whitish color. I always hate these shades. They are boring and I hate when they come in palettes so I figured it's time to target some to use up. I'm hoping to use it up in the next few weeks and move onto the Vanilla shade in the palette

3. Smashbox Sable- I forgot to include this in the post I did a few weeks ago..but I also hit pan on this a few years ago and then stopped using it. It would probably be easy to use up if I was really trying but I have another shade similar to this that I want to try to use up before I really go for this one. I really like the Smashbox shadow formula and nowadays they make much prettier color combinations. 


And that's all...so far I've used up 34 shadows and I'm hoping to get to at least 36 in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment