Saturday, September 11, 2021

Nest Velvet Pear Candle Review

I keep trying NEST products and feel like I've tried a lot and never really been blown away by their offerings. I had a perfume sampler and then one of the big candles. It's all decent but so far I haven't really found anything that is a must repurchase or something I would be excited to recommend. So instead of the big candle I bought one of the smaller candles. Velvet Pear.

Nest claims: 

Create a wonderfully mellow mood with this Classic Candle featuring velvety Anjou pear and crisp apple blended with crushed lemon leaves, hints of peony, white musk, and amber.



At first I thought the smaller sizes were a waste of money. The first couple of hours it didn't really have any kind of scent. About 1/4 of the way down I finally was able to smell it!  

And I do get the pear...a very fresh pear scent. Which I think is why I'm not a really big fan of the NEST candles scents. They are too daytime fresh. Like something you would want to burn on a sunny summer day, except I hate burning candles when it's hot.  I like burning candles on a cool, dark night. The scents just don't mesh with my candle style.


Besides that, I also don't think the scent warrants the price. It smells like something you could get from Bath and Body Works. And their candles can be pricy unless you wait for a sale. Which is the only way I would buy their candles. 


There's just nothing to set this apart.


I didn't get any tunneling like I did with the larger size...it melted quickly and thoroughly. 


I think this is the last of NEST that I will be buying. I just haven't been very impressed with the scents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment