Thursday, September 9, 2021

Lush Conga Shower Jelly Review



 I stayed up so late last night, I got completely caught up in the Netflix show Clickbait. I started watching it so late thinking it was a movie and then went to start it and noticed it was 40 something minutes and actually show. But I pressed on and  after the first two or so episodes I was hooked. I didn't get to watch the very last episode until today...and I have some thoughts on it. It wasn't amazing, but it sucked me in the whole time...I found it quite an interesting commentary on social media/media impersonating other people on the Internet/catfishing.. But I won't get into that or else we will be here all day, and I'm just trying to post this shower jelly review.

Lush claims:

Jump and jiggle your way to the shower with Conga. Use it like soap to lather up and cleanse with raspberry juice, almond milk and carrageenan.

With sweet-smelling raspberry juice, soothing almond milk and softening carrageenan extract, this may be the first Conga anyone has actually enjoyed. Have a little dance in the shower with this jiggly jelly wash that can be used like soap with a little extra wobble. Uplifting bergamot oil and calming vanilla absolute round out this sweet and sensational scent, leaving you smelling like berries and cream.

Lush has three main shower jellies: Whoosh, Twilight, and Conga. They are definitely fun and unique. Whoosh is the citrus one, Twlight is the herbal one, and this one is the fruity one. Raspberry. And actually has raspberry in it. It smells like a mix of raspberries and this medicine I had as a kid. According to google, it was a pink bubble gum flavored medicine called Amoxicillin.Gotta love the Google. I think I used to get it quite often because I had a lot of earaches as a kid because I remember is vividly.


I kinda like the scent but the part of it that reminds me of medicine as a kid, I'm confused about. The scent isn't strong though and doesn't really linger much around the bathroom unless I use a TON. 



It's a jelly...so it's fun.I like them for occasional use but they aren't something I want to use every time I jump in the shower. You can use this much the same as a soap....but eventually it will start breaking up. This one held together much better than the Whoosh one. But it did melt really fast. You can also break off little bits and crush it into a washcloth. Or I've heard some people use it as a bubble bath. I haven't gotten around to using it that way yet. 

It lathers nicely. Runoff water is pink. And it really softens your skin. 

It comes in a 100% Recycled Pot that you can also take back to Lush (need 5) for a free face mask. 

It has all kinds of goodies- Almond Milk which is rich vitamin E and great for soothing irritated skin, Raspberry juice which is packed full of minerals and anti-inflammatory,  Davana Oil, my favorite Bergamot Oil, and Vanilla Absolute. 


Ingredients:
Glycerin, Almond Milk, Propylene Glycol, Carrageenan Extract, Perfume, Fresh Raspberry Juice,  Bergamot Oil, Almond Essential Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Water, Titanium Dioxide, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Linalool, Colour 

Overall, I guess I liked it....not sure I would repurchase. Maybe if it was on sale. If you like the Snowfairy scent line for Lush, I think this would be one to try especially since Snowfairy is only sold around the Holidays and this seems to be permanent product. 


No comments:

Post a Comment