Monday, September 20, 2021

Lush Nana Shower Gel Review

For a minute I thought this was discontinued but I just googled it and it's still available. I was going to review it anyway though, because Lush loves bringing things back later on.  I had already tried the corresponding bubble bar a couple months back...so I was already familiar with the scent. I've tried more banana based beauty things than I had actually realized, a shampoo and conditioner from The Body Shop. Actually maybe that's it. 

Lush claims: 

Slip into the shower with this pudding-scented treat and be soothed with hydrating oat and softening banana. Lather, rinse and repeat. 

I think this smells better than the bubble bar. Much better. I was expecting a banana smell, because of the name but I think it is named like that because it has actual banana in it. And banana is said to be very good for your skin. It helps the moisturize and has a lot of Vitamin A which can help smooth the skin. It also has oats, which are another amazing skincare ingredient. Lush has quite a few amazing Oat products actually. 

Anyway, let's start with the scent. This does smell really nice. Like a coffee shop drink- but not a strong or even real coffee scent. Somehow it still reminds me of a coffee drink. It smells like this picture looks: 


It smells carmal, custardy, and sweet.

Lush really do make the best sweet bakery type scents: Honey I Washed the Kids, Yog Nog...

They are never too sweet and I never think they smell artificial.

This is a soft scent, but I still smell it lingering around when I am out of the shower. It even sticks to your skin a bit.


The texture is definitely different from any of the other gels I've tried. It almost seems like a shower jelly that is liquid. Maybe a shower slime. It also kinda looks like custard.  It doesn't have Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, which is nice because it's not drying. But it seems to take a little more to lather than usual so I found I used it up very quickly. 

I like the way it leaves my skin looking and feeling.

I also like how short the ingredient list is...and how it has some excellent ingredients: Banana and Oat Decoction, Sea Salt, and Wheat Germ Oil. 

Ingredients: Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Banana and Oat Decoction, Glycerin, Cocoamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Fine Sea Salt, Perfume, Xanthum Gum, Wheatgerm Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Color 

Overall, I really like it. I could see myself getting another bottle in a sale. A bigger bottle though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment