Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Chili Garlic Breakfast Quesadilla and Ecuadorian Shrimp Ceviche

 All of the sudden I am in the mood to cook. I've been watching a lot of cooking videos on youtube and it's inspiring me, which is a good thing because I was just in a slump. A very big cooking slump.

Anyway. this is what I made this week...


Chili Garlic Breakfast Quesadilla

I love Quesadillas. I don't make them often enough and I'm not sure why. I've made quesadillas from the Budget Bytes blog before...usually she posts breakfast quesedilla recipes but you can really eat them any old time. I made my own tortillas because it's easy and I like that there is only flour, olive oil, salt, and water in the ones I make as opposed to the ones you buy with all the weird additives. They always come out a little funny looking though. Then you just fry an egg, add cheese, spinach and chili garlic sauce. Good to go! Easy and crazy filling. I could see myself making them again. You can find the recipe here.

It looks burnt in the pic but it wasn't....


Then I made Ecuadorian Ceviche. I really like Mexican Ceviche so I was excited to make a different version. It came out ok, but I think I liked Mexican ceviche better because it has hot sauce and jalapeƱos. I really missed the extra kick.This was sweeter due to the orange juice. I did miss the avocado too though, I should have added it!  I thought I put it in a pretty bowl to take a picture but I guess I didn't.


Still looks good though. I couldn't find any plantain chips so I ate it with JalapeƱo Tortillas chips....yum.

You can find the recipe here.


And that's all for now....time for movie night.


No comments:

Post a Comment