Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser Review


 What a stressful day....after this post I doing a little retail therapy. I must...

via GIPHY

But before I do...review time!

Clean and Clear claims:



Back in the day they used to have a lot of commercials. And they were on all the time. I did buy the morning cleanser once back when I was in high school. I don't remember having any issues with it...but I didn't repurchase either. Then again, I always like to try something new so it's rare that I repurchase. 

I bought the little travel size, which probably isn't the very best for the environment but I wanted to try it out and move on. Surprisingly this little one once size is lasting quite awhile...I wasn't expecting that.

It comes in a little tube that you want to be careful with the first few times you use it. It really squeezes a lot out if you aren't careful and the first time I had way too much. It was pretty tingly-that's the menthol.

Usually I'm not a fan of cream cleanser because many of them do an awful job of cleaning your face. I would still have makeup on my face usually. This one cleans off makeup very well and easily. 

What's really impressive is that it helps to remove blackheads too. I get them on my nose sometimes and this works to clear them up. I think it's the salicylic acid.

When I started using this I did have a few breakouts already existing, not sure where they came from, I also go a few more the first few days using this. Then theydried up...and my skin really cleared up. I still get an occasional small spot that dries up super quick which I suspect is due to this cleanser. I like that.

What I don't like about this is I feel it makes my skin look dull. I just don't like the way my skin has been looking the past few days/weeks and I know it's this.

The ingredients are...not the best. But it's a cheap drugstore product so it's exactly what I expected. The only ingredient I like is the menthol, but if you have sensitive skin beware. Oh, I also like the salicylic acid. Almost forgot about that one but my skin really likes it as an ingredient in skincare. 

Ingredients:

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Menthol, Disodium EDTA.

Overall, it was OK but I don't like my skin to look dull. I need something that promotes the glow so not a repurchase for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment