Thursday, October 7, 2021

Lip Smacker in Oatmeal Cookie Review



 I haven't made enough oatmeal cookies. In fact, I think I've only made one batch of oatmeal cookies, which is a shame because...I like to bake cookies, and I love oatmeal cookies. But I do remember they got a lot of hate when I was a kid. I just remember being in the school cafeteria and every kid talked about how much they hated oatmeal cookies. I was shook. I think they hated the raisins? I wonder if they grew out of it.

haferflocken-rosin-cookies - oatmeal raisin cookie stock-fotos und bilder

Lip Smackers claims:

Great-Tasting Treats. Party Fun! The best flavor forever lip gloss in a Lip Smacker Party Pack assortment thats perfect for collecting and sharing. Moisturize and soften lips with lip smacking flavor and shine. Includes Oatmeal Cookie, Vanilla, Mango, Watermelon, Tropical Punch, Cotton Candy, Kiwi, Strawberry. Give em, Collect em, Share em!

So..this one was not a part of the original party pack. It was brand new (to me) , not one I've had in my childhood. But it sounded like it would be a nice lip balm scent. I'm drawn to cookie scented things...I remember back in the day Carol's Daughter had a scent called Almond Cookie, but I never got to try it.

But...I'm not into this.  I was excited for it, used it once, decided I didn't like it, and put it away. Then lost the mango one so I figured I would give it more of a chance. And it's grown on me. But I still wouldn't say I like it that much. It smells just like the vanilla one, I wouldn't say I get any cinnamon. Maybe a bit of raisin. And that "Lip Smacker" base scent. It's just an odd scent. 

All the other lip balms had me raving about the smoothness and moisture you get. I found this one to work for a short time, and then after a little bit my lips would feel strangely dry. None of the other lip balms have done that. So it smells odd and then over time dries your lips out. 

This was without a doubt my least favorite of the pack (so far)

The ingredients are...ok. I prefer natural balms overall, but I couldn't resist buying these again for the fun scents and walk down memory lane. It has some good ingredients and then some questionables. 

Ingredients: 

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetyl Acetate, Beeswax/Cire dAbeille, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de Candelilla, Flavor/Aroma, Polybutene, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Hydrogenated Soy Glycerides, Paraffin, Propylene Glycol , Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Stearic Acid, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Neotame, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Amyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Methyl 2-Octynoate. MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR Red 7 Lake (Cl 15850), Red 6 Lake (Cl 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140), Blue 1 Lake (Cl 42090), Red 28 (Cl 45410), Carmine (Cl 75470), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891).


Overall, not for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment