Sunday, October 10, 2021

Marlena Shaw- Go Away Little Boy


I don't remember how I stumbled across this song...I think I was listening to another artist that remade it and decided to listen to other versions of the song -Go Away Little Boy. This was by far my fave. 

She's telling the story in a way I just enjoyed.

"Black is beautiful, just keep getting up, together we can make it, it's gonna be alright. Keep getting up!" 

I just love the words. But somehow... she picked up a bum. I used to know a bum, never saw anyone so comfortable with being one. It was kinda fascinating to see actually..from a distance. I hope she broke free and isn't in the endless loop of taking care of a grown able bodied man. I know it's just a song but ...I can't.


Anyway....I won't blab too much. I'm just gonna hit replay and enjoy the song. 




No comments:

Post a Comment