Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Updated Ancestry Results #5



Is it already time for another Ancestry Update? They update every year around September, and ever year I'm excited for the update. Sometimes it adds regions, other times it takes some away. The last couple of years my African percentage grew which was pretty exciting. I started at 72% and now I'm at 75%. 

Anywho...here's where I'm at. 

Went from 15 regions to 14. 

First of all...where did Nigeria go? Went from 32% to 22%. Maybe it will come back with the next update though. Cameroon/Congo increased by 1%. Benin increased from 8% to 14%. I always thought that would be my largest group so I'm not surprised to see it went higher. Lost 1% of Portugal and Mali increased by 1%. Senegal Increased by 1%. Scotland decreased by 1%. Ghana increased by 3%, I feel like there should be more though. 


Spain stayed the same. As did Germanic Europe. Norway increased by 1%. European Jewish stayed the same. Eastern Bantu decreased by 1% andSouthern Bantu stayed the same. Mali disappeared. 


And then we have regions...which I only have two but my sister has THREE. She also has South Carolina which I have no idea why that wouldn't show up for me on it's own, we have two grandparents from South Carolina. It will make it one of these days. It's just taking it's time showing up.






Until next time....here are my past results below:

Ancestry DNA (Original Post)

2018 Results

2019 Results

2020 Results



No comments:

Post a Comment