Friday, October 1, 2021

Lux Soft and Creamy Soap Review

 Yesterday was my baby sisters birthday, although she's not so much a "baby" anymore. She's working on her Doctorate Degree and I'm so super proud of her 😊. Anyway, my parents ordered her some cupcakes from a bakery in New York and from there I learned about this site called Goldbelly where you can order from some of the most popular places in the US, including Chicago Deep Dish Pizza, New York Pizza, cakes, cookies, pies and more from all over. I can't wait to get back to the states so I can order 🤤 I've been watching people show and review what they ordered on youtube constantly.

Anyway..soap. Today we review more Lux soap.

Lux claims:

The Lux Beauty Soap soft & creamy is moisturizing and has a fragrant fragrance.


Lux...the brand that got its start by being sent to celebrities in Hollywood in the early 1900's for promotion. Kinda like now but everything is sent to influencers for youtube/instagram etc instead. It's weird that now it has pretty much disappeared from the stores in America or at least I've never seen it in US stores. It's almost everywhere here in Germany though..so I figured I would try them out.

The scent of this soap kinda reminds me of the Nivea Creme Soft bar.  Which I hated. I don't hate this quite as much, but I really dislike it. The Nivea one did not agree with my lungs, it really hurt my chest for whatever reason, something about the fragrance. This one the reaction is not so bad, but since the smell reminds me of the Nivea...I get the scent association of the negative reaction I had to the Nivea.

The actual soap is nice, makes nice lather, cleans well, and doesn't dry my skin like the other one I tried. 

But still not a fan of the scent. 

I did really like using it to clean my makeup brushes though.

The packaging is standard, easy to recycle paper. Yay for saving the earth a little bit of plastic! 

The ingredients were nothing to write home about.

Ingredients:

 Sodium Tallowate, Aqua, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Perfume, Lanolin, Palm Kernel Acid, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, CI 77891.

Probably wouldn't buy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment