Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Scrub Review



 Clean and Clear and under control. 

I have no idea if they still have those commercials but its engrained in my head forever. The marketing must have been great back then because I had the face wash when I was in high school. I don't remember if I liked it but I never repurchased it.

Clean and Clear claims:

Specially formulated to reveal softer, more radiant skin, this scrub contains a blend of effective cleansers, vitamin C, ginseng, and Bursting Beads® that gently remove dull, tired-looking skin. Add into your morning routine 2-3 times per week for smoother-looking skin.

Made in Canada

It smells exactly like I remember it…which is unfortunate because I don't like the smell. It is a very fake wanna be citrus scent, I was expecting something zesty and uplifting. This is just very artificial and meh smelling. 

But there is more to a scrub than scent. Its a hybrid gel cleanser/scrub. The scrubby bits are not plentiful but I guess they are doing the job because my skin feels smooth but it isn't something I noticed immediately. 

I have oily skin but I haven’t really noticed my skin feeling oily. It just feels normal. Great for oily skin.

The website says to use the scrub 3-5 times a week, but the bottle says you can use daily so I have been using it every morning. My skin has been really clear and problem free. 

The scrub itself says that it is plastic free…but I still can’t find more information on what the scrubby bits are and if they are safe to go down the drain. 

As for ingredients, I don't see anything great that I am happy to put on my skin.

Ingredients:

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Microcrystalline Wax, Lauryl Glucoside, Cellulose, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Microcrystalline cellulose,  Phenoxyethanol,Fragrance, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Menthyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Mannitol, Cellulose, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates Ammonium methacrylate,copolymer, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, triethyl citrate, talc, yellow, red, iron oxides, mica titanium dioxide, 

Overall, not a bad scrub…but not one I would go out of my way to repurchase. At least until I knew more about what the scrub is made from.

No comments:

Post a Comment