Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Martha and the Vandellas

 


I am feeling blessed and highly favored, for a minute it seemed the world was raining stress on me, and then since last week, it's just been one great thing after another. 

But let's talk music. I feel like it's been awhile since I've done a music post of a group from the 60's. But here we are. I am the biggest fan of Motown. It's universal, and I don't think I've met one person that disliked it. I would be shocked if I did. 

Anyway..here are my faves from this group.

Heatwave has got to be the most popular song. Watching this video is making me want to dress up as a Motown girl. I just need the wig and the dress...I have some shoes that would work perfectly though. Maybe that's what I'll do next Halloween. Anyway, now this song is stuck in my head so for the next two hours, I'll randomly shout/sing HEATWAVE. 


I love Nowhere to Run too. But...doesn't the background music sound almost exactly like a few other songs in Motown's lineup? Or am I crazy? IDK, I feel like this same music was used in a Marvin Gaye song too... Anyway, I would love to hear this song in a stalker/horror type of movie..I think it would hilarious.



Dancing in the Street is the song that doesn't fail to get me out of my chair, laughing and dancing. It's just one of those feel great songs. The picture is so clear on this too! I wish they would do this on all their live performances.


I really like this song, although it's not that well known.  I like the message and songs that speak to issues such as these (Vietnam War) ...I believe I read that this song was banned when it came out.


This is There He Is At My Door. I just like the way it was sung.


This one sounds like a Smokey song...and it's written by him. I really like this one...I think another group did this song, but I like this version best. I love Martha's voice! 



Now listening to all of this, I'm in an even better mood than I was when I started 😁 That's Motown for ya! 




No comments:

Post a Comment