Monday, November 1, 2021

Maybelline Lash Sensational Washable Mascara Review

 The last few days/weeks I have been hooked on the show Outlander.  Reading the description it appealed to me..but every time I watched the preview it looked so boring. I finally was bored enough that I decided to give it a try...and now I'm hooked. It almost has a little too much violence for me (and I'm the biggest Game of Thrones fan which really showed some stuff!) but ultimately love it. I'm only on season 2 though, I heard later seasons aren't that great but for now..loving every minute. Makes me want to find a little warrior and have some bairns 😂.  But for real though, the show makes me want to plan a visit to Scotland. Maybe next year...

Anyway...mascara.

Maybelline claims:

Lash Sensational, for a full fan effect! Lashes go supple, separated and fully fanned. Now infused with conditioning Rose Hip Oil and mineral pigments, this cult-favorite mascara delivers thick lashes that never feel weighed down. Maybelline’s exclusive fanning mascara brush with ten layers of bristles reveals layers of lashes, adding the look of length and volume without clumping. The fresh liquid formula captures lashes from root to tip for fanned-out volume. Now available in a new washable shade: Midnight Black. Ophthalmologist tested. Suitable for contact lens wearers.

Lash Sensational® Washable mascara unfolds layers of lashes for a sensational full fan effect, thanks to its exclusive fanning brush with ten layers of bristles. This cult-favorite mascara delivers supple, separated lashes that never feel weighed down. Now introducing the New Midnight Black shade; infused with Rose Hip Oil to condition the lashes for an even softer feel.

I've been trying to get this review up for months...but too lazy to get get the pics of the mascara on my lashes. 

I think it's my favorite Maybelline mascara that I have tried in a long time. Actually one of the best mascara's I've tried in awhile period.

I bought it in the color Very Black. Or at least I think I did. It's hard to tell which one is supposed to be the blackest with names like Very Black, Midnight Black, and Blackest Black. It's black enough, I think it could be blacker though and its possible there is one blacker than the one I got but overall it's confusing. 



It's a plastic bristled brush, which never tend to be my favorite but I like this one. It has a curve which makes it easy and less messy to apply. And I love the effect it gives my lashes although it took about 2 weeks to dry out to the point where it became perfect. 


It gives me length, curl, volume and a nice fanned effect that I couldn't really capture in the picture but I love the way it looks in person. 





It doesn't flake off and wears until I am ready to take it off. Doesn't lose the curl either. It get's "hard" but not overly crunchy and you can add a few layers when it dries later on if need be. 

Packaging is nice, comes in a nice fat tube. I always feel like the mascaras are better, makes me think it will give me fat lashes. Not always true though. It's a nice mauve pink that seems to be the color of choice when it comes to mascara. 

It seems a little harder to wash off than most, but after some experimentation, I feel I have the removal process down.

I did read it has Rosehip oil, not sure if it's enough to make a difference I do feel my lashes are slightly more than they were....could be my imagination though...

Overall, it's one of my favorites! And you can't beat the price being that it is drugstore. I think I bought it for around 6 or 7 dollars and you can find sales/coupons that can lower the price even further. 

Random: I bought some super fancy heather honey, it is a polish brand. It's supposed to be a hard to a harder to find honey and was certainly really pricey...but I don't think it was worth the price. It tastes like regular ol' honey. Have you tried Heather Honey? 


No comments:

Post a Comment