Monday, October 25, 2021

Shelley Kyle Perfume Samples

 So many perfume samples...I ordered one thing from this company and they went above and beyond to provide many, many samples. I've never seen so much! I'm reviewing as I go..so not sure if I will end up really liking any...but here we go!

French Lavender

Fragrant French lavender buds are accented with crushed cedar, crisp eucalyptus and hints of warm clove.

On first sniff I was surprised and delighted by the Lavender but as I wore it and applied more..I discovered I really strongly dislike the scent of this one. Maybe it's the balsamic notes? I like a sweeter Lavender. This reminds me of a Lavender mixed with Rosemary, which is the worst Lavender combo for me. I wasn't a fan so I know to stay away from all things French Lavender scented in this line. So far Lush's A French Kiss Bubble bar is the only Lavender in the same scent family I can really tolerate. 

Ballerine

Dewey Jasmine, Gentle Rose, Lily of the Valley, Sea Blue Amber

Next up Ballerine perfume. I wasn't a big fan of this one either. It had that scent that reminds me a of room spray. Also a slight bit of an aquatic perfume vibe as well. In my head I love aquatic scents, in reality, I've never found one I love. Eventually the room spray note went away and calmed down but I still wasn't really a fan of it. It does last 10 hours plus though...so A+ for lasting power. 

Anna Belle

Fun, fragrant and wonderfully feminine, our Annabelle Perfume is perfect for day or night. You’ll love the subtle notes of blue peony, lime blossom and other florals that linger on your skin throughout the day.

This is the first one I've liked, at least from the bottle. It has a lovely floral (I'm thinking it's the peony scent). The only thing is I feel like the notes I loved disappeared too quickly. Actually the whole scent didn't really last too long. I would maybe pick this one up in the powder version or the candle. It just smells like what you would think a bouquet of lovely fresh flowers smells like. I think I actually smell the tomato leaf in it too, if you've ever smelled the vine of a tomato plant..it's really nice surprisingly.

Velvet Rose Oud 

Black Rose, Raspberry Leaf, Litchi, Osmanthus, Saffron and Black Pepper, Papyrus, Orchid, Bulgarian Rose, Geranium, Cypriol Oil

I think I am starting to understand the Oud scent. I had used the Lush Goddess Range and this kinda reminds me of it. I initially loved it, then felt it went in a direction I'm not the biggest fan of, but can still appreciate, and in the end felt so, so about it. It's one I feel like need to test again, because I like it...and might love it. But I think it needs time to grow on me. Would maybe get a candle or body powder in it one day. 

The Mclendon

Bergamot, Black Currant Absolute, Cut Grass, Dew Fresh Basil, Grapefruit Zest, Green lime, Mandarin Leaf

This one is a unisex scent. As it goes, I’m not a fan of masculine scents and this is more on the masculine side. I almost think it would smell great on a man but then it has notes that remind me of lemon dish soap. Not a fan of that element. 

Lorella

Fresh Tuberose, Red Roses, Vintage Gardenia Predominant, Violet Leaves

This is another what I would call old fashioned scent. It has a top note of tuberose, which I love but it dissapears quickly! Then you are mostly left with something really nice, and notes of honeysuckle and gardenia. I think what I’m really liking is the violet. Would maybe get the scent in powder form but not sure about the honeysuckle notes…


Shelley Kyle

Crushed Violet Leaves, Freesia, Lemon Zest

I was surprised that I wasnt wowed by the signature fragrance. All I can remember about it is that it smelled like Petitgrain in the beginning and then… I don't remember smelling it again. I wore it this am. 
A skip for me since it ended up being so forgettable.


Tiramani

Blood Orange, Madonna Lily, White Nectarine, Cashmere Musk, Night Blooming Jasmine
I thought the opening notes of this smelled great....and I liked it at first. It's almost like a nice sweet pea fragrance but a a lot better than any Bath and Body Works version.  But I quickly forgot I was wearing it and when I remembered it again it smelled like cilantro on me. Strange. Might be ok in the powder or candle though.

Lorelei 

Bergamot, Cardamom, Fresh Citrus Zest, Lily of the Valley, Mint, Musk, Oakmoss

This one was very ocean and aquatic. Smelled like something I've used before. And a tiny bit on the masculine side I thought. The quality seems nice but it's not really me.

Les Bois

A captivating blend of brilliant Bergamot, cucumber water, black pepper and violet petals, with a warm embrace of Amber wood and Patchouli.

I might be wrong but I think this one was the same as Lorelei.....maybe a mix up? The second time this one smelled better to me, still a water scent but a little beauch-y. Like a sandy, salt water scent. Still not sure if its something I would buy but maybe one that grows on you over time? Doesn't smell anything like the listed notes which is why I think it might have been a mix up.


I got all these samples with a powder puff I bought, which is really luxurious-will probably review later. The samples were generous and you can definitely tell the quality of the fragrance is great although some weren't my cup of tea. I do like the company though and would definitely buy something else from them, maybe even get some gifts this year as I like the idea of supporting a smaller company. 




 



No comments:

Post a Comment