Friday, November 5, 2021

Viseart 01 Neutral Matte Eyeshadow Palette First Impressions/Swatches on Dark Skin

 A Facebook makeup group I follow is responsible for this purchase. I was a little obsessed with Viseart for a minute and watched a ton of reviews. All of which say..you need this palette. It's a workhorse. And I think for makeup artists or those with lighter skin tones it might be. For me? So far I'm not convinced. The retail price on this one is $80. But a few months back, they switched the packaging and sold these off on Boxycharm for $9. I didn't pick it up then. But I found it a few months ago on Ebay. I think around $25 or $30. I decided to just go for it. Better to get it now and see if it was a must have than wait until they are gone off of eBay and pay $60-$80.




The packaging is not magnetic removable pans, which is OK with me, I do like the updated packaging of the new ones. But not enough to pay the full price. 

Here's my first impressions:

Too many light shades. There are three shades in the first row that serve no purposes for me. And I know you can mix them but they are still way too light. 

The browns are so similar. There is barely any differentiation between about three on my eye. Maybe one is way cooler. Also...the pigmentation is just not there for some of the colors, not on my skin-tone. 

I only really like about three colors from it. 

It's a really boring color story. Of course brights and unique colors make me crazy happy. But...boring! 

On the plus, it can be a nice natural matte palette to accompany a more fun/glittery/colorful and shimmery palette. I think it pairs well with some of my Vice palettes or more fun color stories to tone some of it down. 

It's not super pigmented. But it does blend really nicely and easily. Not sure if it's so much better than some of my shadows from Urban Decay or Too Faced. 

I think that's everything. Time for swatches!


Four boring shades of beige. These shades do nothing for me. The only one that might be slightly useable would be the first shade. 

Saumon (Deep Peach with a Matte Finish)- This is a nice highlight for me, it's got a little color to it. Possibly a lid shade for lighter looks. I like the similar shades to this one in the Milieu Palette more.

The 2nd one has no name but is a little lighter than the first shade. A good highlight shade.

Peche (Light peach beige with a Matte Finish- This is moving into the unusable category to me...but not as terrible as the Ivoire shade. I might keep this one but get rid of the Ivories since it has a tiny bit more color to it.

Ivoire (Bone White with a Matte finish) - This Might be a throwaway shade for me. It just does a lot of nothing for me. A bit too light as a highlight for me. 

 
I do like the first shade in this row, a deep warm brown. And I like the orange shade. I never know what to do with it though. The third one is OK, and the last shade is too cool and not pigmented enough. Also looks a little ashy...

Chocolat- (Warm chocolate red brown with a matte finish) A really nice reddish brown. It does look warm on my eye with some shades...which is nice as most browns tend to go on cool, even if they are red based. It's not a deep, deep brown but great to accompany a shimmery brown or bronze eye. 

Brique (Warm Sienna with a Matte Finish) I like this color, but I think I might like the burnt orange in the Modern Renaissance palette more. I do still need to play with it more. I just think that orange suits me better. But this is nice. It looks like a more natural orange, it just melts right into my skin and doesn't look so "eyeshadow-y"

Taupe- (Caramel Warm Brown with a Matte Finish)- Doesn't show up very well on me. It's very skin ton like...maybe adds a slight warmth. 

Cafe (Taupe Cool Brown)- It goes on quite a bit cooler than it looks like it would in the pan. Not sure i have a use for it. It's not rich in pigmentation. Maybe a contour color...possible eyebrows? Or maybe too light. I'll keep playing with it.


Last row I was most interested in because I don't usually wear/drawn to cool colors but I liked them in the pan. There is a deep black (I probably have more than enough black shades to last a lifetime). And three cool browns, a grey toned, a purple toned, and a light one. Not too different on my eye. Also not flattering on me. 

Carbon (Natural Black)- Somehow it doesn't look very black...but when applied to the eye its plenty black. I like this one, mostly use it as liner. I have quite a few black and this one it really good quality. I have a black I am about to pan so I guess I can just think of this one as a replacement.

Souris (Deep Grey)- I used it once but can't remember what I thought. I like the color, but gray doesn't tend to flatter me well. I'll have to play with it. 

Cendre (Soft Cool Grey Brown Taupe)-  I matched this with some of my taupe shimmery shades and thought it was nice. Not one I will probably reach for since I don't wear taupe shades very often but good to have in case somehow I pan all my others...

Noisette (Light Cool Brown)- This like all the others could use more rich pigmentation. I don't see myself getting a lot of use but I do need to play with it more. I'll update if I find a good use for it! 


So overall, glad I didn't pay full priced. I will definitely keep using it, but I don't think it will ever be a favorite palette.  I have other neutral palettes I prefer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment