Friday, December 17, 2021

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask Review

 No one told me how hilarious The Jefferson's were....but for the past week I have been watching episodes and cracking up. I never watched it as a kid, it came on everyday after Good Times and I remember listening to the song and then changing the channel. In those days I only got about an hour of TV and I think I used my remaning time on another show. Anyway, I couldn't believe how much I kept thinking about Martin when watching George. Martin Lawrence must have washed a lot of Jeffersons. For real. So far my favorite episode was Rich Man's Disease. That one had me screaming laughing. Highly recommend if you need something to watch.

But back to this mask.

Glow Recipe claims:

The Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask is a luxuriously bouncy, breathable sleeping mask that smoothes and refines skin, overnight. This pillow-proof formula acts as a radiance-boosting hyaluronic acid face mask, formulated with soothing, amino-acid rich Watermelon Extract, hydrating Hyaluronic Acid, and pore refining AHAs that work while you sleep to gently exfoliate and clarify. It'll quickly become your go-to face mask for glowing skin.

In an independent consumer testing panel of 32 women age 21 to 73:
- 90% of women agreed their skin felt more hydrated immediately after applying

After 4 weeks of use:
- 96% of women agreed their skin appeared radiant and brighter
- 92% of women agreed their skin appeared to be glowing
- 96% of women agreed their skin felt more bouncy

*Since our Watermelon Mask is made with real watermelon, you may find real fruit chunks in the formula.

Key Ingredients 

Watermelon

Amino-rich watermelon extract intensely hydrates, soothes and fights free radical damage to ward off fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots.

Hyaluronic Acid

Instantly quench thirsty skin with hyaluronic acid. This holy grail hydrator retains 1000 times its weight in water to breathe new life to dry, rough skin. 

AHA

Gentle chemical exfoliators that buff away dead skin, smooth fine lines, soften texture, diminish dark spots, and clarify pores. In other words, they help your skin live its best life.

Pumpkin Extract

Rich in antioxidants that both repair skin and defend it against damage-causing free radicals.

Free Of: 

Parabens, Mineral Oil, Sulfates, Phthalates, Synthetic Dyes. Vegan. Leaping Bunny Certified Cruelty-free.

Made in Korea

This was a gift from my sister. She asked what I wanted for my birthday and I really wanted this mask and she got it for me 😁

I had no idea about this brand until I saw this vid of them making it on youtube. 

I love watermelon and that they actually use real watermelon was a big selling point for me. It also kind of reminded me of a Lush video and ....if you can't tell from the constant Lush reviews, I love Lush.

So we'll start with the packaging. It comes in a box with a really nice glass jar and a plastic spatula that you are supposed to use to stir the mask around before using. I love the glass jar, I am going to keep it and re-use it forever! I really like that the brand uses glass instead of plastic.

The actual mask itself is 2.7 ounce of a jelly type mask formula. It smells like a cross between real watermelon and almost a jolly rancher candy scent. And it also smells like alcohol. I thought I had looked at the ingredient list before hand..and I did- but somehow missed the alcohol. It's not my favorite ingredient...but I'll give this one a pass because of the other goodies it contains. 

So..back to the texture. A little seems to go a long way. I don't pile this on my face although it says to use a generous amount. When I first started using it, it did give me the odd white head. After my skin got used to it, no more whiteheads. 

I do like using it overnight, but because it dries down and looks quite a bit peel-y on the skin, I have flipped out a little bit seeing it on my skin in the middle of the night on a bathroom trip  until I realized it was just the mask.

It is mainly a hydrating mask. But I don't think it's that hydrating. In fact, before my skin became accustomed to it, it was quite drying. I would just make sure to hydrate my skin really well afterwards. I tended to use this Shea Butter that my friend gifted me and that whips my skin back into shape😀 I've been using it so much my skin doesn't even dry out as long as I'm consistent. 

Other than that, the only noticeable difference is my skin is a little bit smoother. That's probably due to the AHA in it. It's on the more gentle side for a chemical exfoliant so I think it's a good beginner type of exfoliant. 

I'm a little torn on the ingredients list- I'm not a fan of any type of "cones" in my skincare and there is the alcohol BUT it does have a lotta watermelon and all kinds of fun extracts.

Ingredients:

Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Caulerpa Lentillifera (Seaweed) Extract, Simethicone, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit, Silica, Propanediol, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Fruit Extract, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa (Peony) Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Brassica Oleracea Capitata (Cabbage) Leaf Extract, Ipomoea Batatas (Sweet Potato) Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis (Skullcap) Root Extract, Betaine, Beta-Glucan, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum, Alcohol, Fragrance/Parfum.


Overall, I like it and I'm so happy I was able to try it out. It was a perfect gift, but I'm not sure if it's worth the price or if I saw results that justify the price. I would try other things from the line though, I really want to try out the Watermelon mist among some of the other stuff they make.

No comments:

Post a Comment