Friday, December 31, 2021

Mary J Blige


I have mixed feelings on Mary J Blige. On one hand, I love, love, love her music but on the other hand I've never thought that she could sing. Mostly noticeable when she has remade a classic, classic. I won't name the songs though....

The only thing I love more than her music is her dancing. 

A few years ago the Mary J Dance was everywhere....and I scream with laughter every time I see it even now . This vid was dead on...


You want to have some real fun, watch this vid and do what Mary does.


But this post is about music so let me share my faves. My number one Mary song...Just Fine. When this one comes in, I put it on max volume, get my groove on, then repeat about 5 times. Ultimate feel good song.


Idk why I'm Going Down is in my Mary playlist. The Rose Royce version kills this one. I always skip this one and go find the original. I need to just delete it...but I can't. For some reason the radio station plays this version more and I just don't get it.


I like this one because it reminds me of the original song by the Mary Jane girls. Excellent use of an original song...


THIS IS MY SONG. Babyface penned and nailed by Mary. This song makes me feel like I've gone through. Of course, I think of that scene from Waiting to Exhale. Best scene from the movie...





All the rest of the songs are off the What's the 411? album, which is just a classic. First song is Reminisce. I feel like this one gets steady play on the radio today... (at least the ones that play classics)


Real Love is another one of those classic records. It's on Dance Central 2 and I love playing it....I feel like playing it now...



You Remind Me is a must have 90's classic too. 



Love No Limit is another one I love. I miss the 90's....
  

Slow Down seems to be the most viewed/played song on YouTube from the album....it kinda reminds me of a female version of the Silk Don't Rush song. Or maybe this one came first? IDK.


And that's all. I'm actually off now to go do some Mary dances....😁

No comments:

Post a Comment