Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Tweezerman Mini Slant Tweezers Reveiw

 If I don't have pair of tweezers I feel lost in the world. Which is how I felt when I lost my  "special pair" from Tweezerman. A few years ago I was traveling back to the states and last minute remembered I needed my tweezers. So I stuck them in the easy access zipper pocket. I don't know if I forgot to close the zipper but when I got to where I needed to be and the zipper was open and my tweezers were gone. I have since bought a new suitcase, hard case and NO pockets on the outside so that won't be happening to me again.


Anyway, I needed another pair so I went and got these because they were most convenient and available close to me. I went with purple even though I can't say I particularly love any of the colors they have. 

Tweezerman claims:

Mini version of our award-winning slant tweezer. Famous for its precision, the Mini Slant Tweezer features perfectly aligned hand-filed tips for expert brow shaping. Grabs every hair, every time.

  • 25° Mini Slant Tweezer tip is the perfect angle for working against the brow bone 
  • Perfectly aligned, hand-filed tips close evenly and firmly to remove hair from the root
  • Superior calibrated tension for comfort, control, and true precision
  • Travel-Friendly and TSA compliant 
  • This product is not tested on animals

Made in India

They are still made outside the US, I heard the pairs they made in the USA back in the day were much better. But I've never had a pair of those so I can't really say.

I'm still not great at plucking my own eyebrows because it HURTS. But these aren't that great for eyebrows. I find the mini size makes it harder to see and really get a grip on the hairs since it's a smaller size. It is a little sharper and every once in a while I notice it cuts the hair instead of a tweezing the hair.

Where they shine (a little- so a dim shine) are chin hairs. Yes, I get chin hairs and I hate them so I obsesses over plucking them. So much so that I pick at my own skin and have really bad scaring. I'm working on stopping. I really am. Now that I've posted it here, I think I've provided myself with some extra motivation.

The purple is just a coating and I have some spots where it has chipped off. That happened on my last pair too. I've had these at least 2 years now so it does take awhile before it starts happening but I thought it was something to note if you are considering buying the colored pairs.

I believe they still have their free sharpening program...but who really uses that? I probably never will. More than likely I will lose the tweezers and need to replace them completely before they need sharpening.

I'm not particularly impressed with these. I don't think I would run out and repurchase this exact pair if I lost them. I will likely try another brand- in fact I already purchased a new pair as backup- Rubis that are made in Switzerland. I won't be traveling with those because I don't want to lose them. These will probably be my dedicated travel pair because if I lost them, they are easily replaceable with whatever. I have found some cheap-y pairs that handle chin hairs better than these too.

And that's all..what are your favorite brand of Tweezers?

No comments:

Post a Comment