Friday, February 11, 2022

Lancome Vintage Rose (Sheer) Lipstick Review


 This lipstick was one of those gifts with purchase. I don't typically purchase colors like this...and have never been drawn to Lancome for lipstick. I just always feel like they have a lot of boring nude shades.I should take another look though. It is nice to have a go to nude for more colorful eye looks- but since I have been wearings masks...not really needed at the moment.

Lancome claims:

If your lips long for full, fade-free color in tempting textures, and a shade selection that would inspire any makeup artist; the search is over. This luxurious lipstick is infused with soothing ingredients, so lips feel soft and comforted all day. Choose from five fabulous finishes: cream, sheen, shimmer, metallic and matte.

This does seem to be a highly rated shade- which is why I think they include it...yet I can't find it on the website.


It's a medium sheer pink with a slight blue shift to it that doesn't show up when I wear it on my lips but I can see it when I swatch it on the back of my hand. 

I've mostly just been using it to wear around the house because it's the kind of shade that looks patchy or too sheer if I only use a light coat. So I have to pile it on to get it to look decent. Which is good when you are using it just to use it up. It's not the type of shade I would wear out the house. 

It also doesn't really last that well. Maybe I am always eating it off, IDK. 

It does seem to be hydrating though. I haven't had any issues with it feeling drying. That part of it does make me want to check out the other colors in the line...but I have a drawer full of neglected lipsticks that tell me otherwise.  

The packaging does feel a little cheap- but I think it's just their gift with purchase packaging. The other packaging looks a bit better on the website. 

Overall...not for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment