Thursday, February 10, 2022

Senna Cosmetics Hi Lite Brush Review



I've been using this brush a lot lately so I figured I would go ahead and review it. Especially because I think it's being discontinued and right now you can still score it at a steal of a deal- just $4.63. I actually went and bought another after I got my initial haul of brushes from them. I think it's made of sable and sable can be hard to find-also it can be kinda expensive too. I also find it multi-purpose, another reason I wanted to keep two in the my collection. 

Senna claims:

Firm tapered brush gives precision highlighting for brow arches, Cupid's Bow, inner eye corner. Blends cream or powder makeup leaving a light, feathery finish. Natural hair.



It seems it was created with the purpose of high-lighting. I'm not a big high-light person. And since we are wearing masks most of the time- I rarely highlight. I did test it today though just to see, and it was OK but I have a ton of other brushes I prefer to use instead so I probably won't use it for that purpose.

I mostly use it to apply shimmery shades to the lid. It's especially helpful when wetting the shade to make it more intense. I don't really find the size to be ideal, it's kinda large. I wish it were shaped more like the MAC 242 brush. But I keep using it anyway so I can work with it and I also do keep reaching for it. 

I picked up the 2nd one to use for concealer. But...I don't really use concealer much. But...just in case I buy another concealer- which I probably won't because masks- I think this would make a great concealer brush. I just feel like it makes a perfect companion brush to my larger Sonia Roselli Sable Foundation Brush.

Sonia Roselli Sable Foundation Brush, Senna Hi Lite Brush, MAC 242


I love the colors, a muted frosty aqua blue handle. And I like the silver ferrule. I feel like the build quality is excellent and this brush will last me forever just like some of the MAC ones in my collection. 

I love it and am very glad to have both in my collection of brushes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment