Sunday, February 13, 2022

Lush Ectoplasm Shower Slime Review



 More shower slime...

.I really, really liked the shower slime I tried last year...-Boo! I definitely think they should release more...but they will probably stick to just one around Halloween. This one was part of the Halloween collection but I didn't pick anything up last year, I think it was because I had a bunch of Lush stuff that I still need to focus on using up before adding to my collection. Which is still true right now. But I can't resist the Christmas sale which is when I picked this one up

Lush claims:

Rinse away the cobwebs with this fresh and fruity goo. A squidgy blend of Xanthan gum, grapefruit and tangerine oil mean that this slime is not only plastic free, but softens and moisturises the skin while you wash.


This is for sure a fun one, from the neon yellow color to the bright citrusy scent. Definitely the complete opposite of the Boo slime. I feel like it might glow in the dark too but I've been too lazy to see, especially since I likely won't be showering in the dark.

The scent is nice. It's like fresh squeezed Mandarin juice. It smells so fresh and uplifting and is so accurate to the a juicy mandarin it's a little mind blowing.

Fresh organic mandarins on rustic wooden table Top view of fresh organic mandarins on rustic wooden table. One mandarin is peeled. Predominant colors are orange and brown. DSRL studio photo taken with Canon EOS 5D Mk II and Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM mandarin stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images

The only complaint I have about the scent is that it's not as strong as I want it to be, and it disappears pretty quickly. I think Mandarin is a top note. But the first couple of seconds of lathering is quite an experience until it just seems to go scentless.

The texture of it is truly a slime. Which is fun and reminds me of the shows they used to have on Nickelodeon. And I find it to be a richer, thicker lather with a little going a long way. It's also not drying. It seems like it can be a little gimmicky- but I think this does deliver a nice shower experience, except for the scent disappearing too quickly of course!

The ingredients are aight, lots of fresh oils (Tangerine and Grapefruit) towards the bottom of the list though. But it's what I would expect with this type of product. I'm glad it does include such fun citrus oils and juice though, which can be very brightening on the skin.

Ingredients:

Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Water, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerin, Cornstarch, Propylene Glycol, Cornstarch, Xanthum Gum, Limonene, Tangerine Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Litsea Cubeba (May Chang), Grapefruit Juice, Tangerine Juice, Citral, Linalool, Perfume, Colour

Overall, I like and have really enjoyed my little tub of it, but I probably wouldn't repurchase it. I do want the scent in a different format though...a body lotion or a spray- although I think they did do one. I need to check on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment