Friday, February 18, 2022

Viseart Editorial Brights Swatches and First Impressions on Dark Skin

 


I love this palette and I am so happy that I picked this one up. I just noticed that they came out with a mini version of this palette which is so tempting to pick up a mini since I know I love this one already. But I won't. This palette will probably last me for years and years.


I did however pick up the Cool Mattes palette and the Warm Mattes palette (both minis) and now that I have them...feel I have all the mattes I could ever need. Except a mustard and deep teal. 

White- Every time I looked at this palette I thought I didn't want this palette because who needs a big ol' pan of white? Well, I do! And oddly enough I am most scared of running out of this shade. You can pastelize any shade in this palette, the colors mix like a dream. That type of customization is amazing...especially when you have deep skin and can keep from adding too much white to the colors. I hope I can find a refill shade, I will probably use this shade up the quickest. 

Lime- I love colors like this although it's not in my comfort zone. This one definitely needs a good primer, I had to build it up and noticed creasing. Can't remember if I used primer....It's a pretty color once you build it up though. I don't have a lime green like this already so it was a good addition for me.

Kelly- This color is nice, I have a similar shade, though not exact in MAC. It's a good one for green looks. Had to be built up, but once you do build it the color is very nice. I read on their site they recommend mixing it with the blue to make teal. I think I need to give that a go! 

Aqua- This is a gorgeous color, applies nicely, blends well. So bright and vivid. Nice with a bright, pink purple or pink in general for some fun. I did notice some fading within a couple hours which I always tend to notice in shades similar to this. I probably need to use a different primer. The NXY primer is great for the most part but sometimes falls a little short for shimmers and shades typically known to fade. I'll have to try it under some of the other primers and see how it does. 

Pink- I'm probably set for life when it comes to bright pink shadow. I have one from Makeup Forever and another one from Urban Decay. I have to look at the Sugar Pill palettes but I think I have one from them too! It's a good thing I love bright pinks. This is a good one! I'm glad to have it in my collection. 

Orange- Love this orange! It shows up beautifully, reminds me of the MAC orange shade. Will be nice to use to add warmth to smokey brown looks or bright orange looks with a shimmery shade. I need to do a comparison with MACs orange shade, I think they might end up being pretty similar to each other.

Yellow- I have been searching for a yellow for so long. This isn't a terrible yellow, I've had way patchier ones, but it's not what I wanted it to be. It doesn't do much for me as a lid shade, maybe the best use of this for me will be to mix with the other shades or to blend out edges of other colors. I think I just need a dark yellow, there is one in the Warm Mattes palette I am interested in or a single from Urban Decay. But I'm still on my no buy so it will have to wait. 

Periwinkle- I love blue shades like this, I have a color from NYX that I've been holding onto for years not knowing if I would find something similar. It's different..but in the same color family so I feel ok to use that one up. This one isn't exactly what I was expecting, it's a bit deeper on my eyelids. Not as bright. I did notice some fading and creasing so a great base is a must.

Red- This red is great, a true primary red. I love red shadows and find it very flattering. If you don't need a brilliant red you can mix it with white and creat different shades of pink. Because I have this now, I'm going to pan some of the NYX red shades I have that kinda...well they suck. Especially compared to this! 

Raspberry- Love this shade! Goes very well with some pink and some purple shades in my collection. Like most others it is buildable. Lasts all day with a primer. No fading!

Grape- I have the very best deep yet bright purple from Make Up Forever, now discontinued. Thought this might be a dupe for it but nope. Still a very pretty purple shade. Glad to have it in the collection. It works like a dream. Some purples can have a few issues, none to be found here.

Azure- This goes on a lot deeper than I thought it would.. I've only used it once...so far I don't think it was that much different than some of the other deep blues I've used. I think I will use this most as a mixing shade to get the exact shade of blue I love. So far my favorite navy has been in the Dark Mattes palette. It's quite different than this.

It's not perfect...for the price tag, it should be. But no palette is perfect. I am happy that they blend together so well so I can use some of the shades that don't work the way I want them to to make new color. Weakest colors for me was the yellow and the deep blue. The others are just about perfect! 

Overall, I think it's one of my most favorite palettes ever! So glad I was able to get my hands on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment