Thursday, March 31, 2022

Burt's Bees Cucumber Mint Lip Balm Review


 I'm blogging to stay awake right now. I could use a nap. More like a few hours of sleep. I'll probably be knocked out after this post. Or maybe not. Whenever I say I'm tired and going to sleep it usually takes 4-5 hours to actually happen. 

Burt's Bees claims:

Burt's Bees Moisturizing Lip Balms nourish and make your lips feel luxurious. Infused with cucumber fruit extracts and Beeswax to richly moisturize and soften lips, the nourishing oils and butters will make your lips juicy, happy and healthy looking. Uncap Cucumber with a final hint of Peppermint Oil provides that one-of-a-kind refreshing tingle. With a matte finish and moisturizing balm texture, this tint free tube of soothing lip balm glides on smoothly to nourish dry lips while keeping them revitalized and hydrated. Conveniently tuck a tube into a pocket or purse, so that you can keep natural, nurturing lip care handy. This 100% natural beauty product is free of parabens, phthalates, petrolatum and SLS and will beautify and revitalize your lips. Use these natural Burt's Bees Moisturizing Lip Balms to make lips feel their best.

Made in USA


I've probably spoken a ton about how Cucumber scented products just don't do it for me. Except the Dove Cucumber and Green tea. This doesn't either. It smells odd. Nothing like cucumber, just a dusty smelling mint. I don't like it. 

Which basically means I don't like this balm since the scent is right under my nose until it dissipates. 

It is moisturizing and smoothing for a short while, when it wears off I feel the need to re-apply or my lips feel pretty dry. I think it's the cheaper oils used- Sunflower and Safflower. 

It does have some decent oils lower in the list but I find the first listed has the greatest impact on how good the lip balm actually is. It's a little higher priced than most you will find in the store too...which means I expect better ingredients and they are all natural. Usually they are three dollars or so. I got mine in a gift set that was on sale so I saved a little bit.

Ingredients:

Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, beeswax, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, natural flavor, lanolin cucmis salivus (cucmber) fruit extract, menthe piperita (peppermint) oil. Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, butyrospermum pakii (shea) butter, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, citric acid, rebaudioside A, limonene, linalool

Overall, not my favorite. I just really don't like the scent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment