Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Maison Margiela Replica Beach Walk Eau De Toilette Review

 

Bridgerton is back! 


IDK why I'm so excited. I've already watched it and I'm sad I finished it. I really liked this season (even though I missed Duke Hastings so much!). I just really love those formulaic period pieces where girl meets boy, girl can't stand boy, then they fall in love. I'm always down for the same ride, even though I know the destination. I wonder if Season 3 will be the same? What I love most about the show is how diverse they made the cast. Made it that much more fun to really get immersed in. 

But I won't go on and on. Let's review my newest perfume. 

Replica claims:
The summer scent of sunscreen transports you to a summer vacation memory. Pure, sunny & joyful.
Made in France

I've been curious about this brand since I first saw it. Something about the way the packaging is designed. And the names...they have perfumes inspired by Jazz Clubs, Lazy Sunday Mornings, Music Festivals, Barber Shops. I was very confused how to tell the feminine, from the unisex, to the masculine fragrances and definitely sprayed Jazz club on me before I realized it's written on the front. Whoops.

I was drawn to this scent in particular. IDK why. I'm not really a beach person. But the smell of the beach in a perfume appeals to me. I also really like that these are sprays instead of roller balls. I feel like the throw is better in a spray.

seashore during golden hour
It smells good at first. It has that sunscreen (but not sunscreen), beachy, salty air feel to it. With a touch of floral. It smells so nice when I just stick my nose up to it and give it a sniff. It's just I don't think it does anything for me. It just goes on and smells like..perfume. I can't put my finger on it, but just a general perfume smell with mostly the floral coming out. But it could just be the way it smells on me in particular.

I paid about $25 for it.Maybe a little under. The one ounce goes for around $60. And the large size is $115. 

Pricey.

It definitely smells higher quality than something you would get at Bath and Body Works (at least from the bottle). It doesn't necessarily last longer. It doesn't make it through a 10 hour day. Maybe 4-6 hours is about what it lasts. But it is a Toilette and not a parfum.

It's OK. Not necessarily something that works great on me. Not something I would want to spend a ton of money on either, so I'm happy I just bought the trial/travel size. I think you can probably find a similar experience in something cheaper (IDK what though as far as perfumes, Lush Breathe of Fresh Air Toner is a nice beach experience in a facial care type product, Yankee Candle in Sun and Sand can get you the candle experience) 

I think the candle might be nice but at $52 I won't be trying those anytime soon.

I'm not ready to write the brand off, I have another travel size to review and may pick up more if they are stocked in my local store. 

Have you tried any perfumes from this brand? 

No comments:

Post a Comment