Sunday, March 27, 2022

Urban Decay Vice 3: Swatches and a Look Back




 Still looking back at old palettes. I guess I have a few that I've never really posted or did impressions on. 

But first..let's talk  Senator Corey Booker and  Judge Kentanji Brown. This clip made my whole day. It was beautiful. She endured those four days with the most grace, senators attacking her etcand this was so refreshing to see. I'm always so happy to see Senator Booker in the news because he spoke at my graduation years and years ago. 


But back to eyeshadow. I've slowly been wearing my way through my palettes. This one was an OK palette. I mostly love the color story, some of the shades are amazing. Others not so much. On the whole the palette was so much more powdery than past Urban Decay palettes and some of the shades were a little more dull than I would like. I like my shimmers to be really shimmery and these don't really get there.

Some of the really muddle with other colors no matter what technique I use to apply them...and they fade more quickly than usual Urban Decay shadows.


So let's get started.

The first row is complete natural/netural. More natural than any other palette from Urban Decay really. Except the Basics palettes, which I never picked up



Truth(Pale Pink Nude Matte)- A shade I will probably dig out after this review. It's one of those boring white beige shades that do nothing for me. Has pink to it in the pan that never showed up on my skin

Undone (Pink Beige Matte Satin with subtle floating tonal pearl)- I like this one as a brow highlighter. It doesn't really stick without a base though, one of those that you can put on and brush mostly away. 

Downfall (Warm Light Brown Matte)- I love this color as a lid shade. It's the perfect base for a fun liner. It's powdery but the pigmentation and blend-ability it nice. 

DTF (Taupe Matte with subtle floating Pearl)- This is the perfect blending shade. It has some very subtle sparkle to it but it doesn't bother me. I like this one.


Dragon (Bright MetallicGreen Shimmer)- These green shades are so hard to wear. This is a pretty green and the quality it fine but so hard to find a way to wear it that isn't as a liner on the lower lid. I do really like this color though. 

Freeze (Metallic Medium Blue with multi-dimensional Micro-Glitter)- Medium blue shades are hard to find and a little hard to wear. I know I've used this a few times over the years and its pretty average. 

Heroine- (deep Navy Blue) Most navy blues aren't that great, and this one is no exception. It blends out grey. Ok as a liner but still goes pretty grey. It's one I might dig out later because I do like having a blue in the palette to play with other colors. It also goes patchy. Looks so pretty in a swatch though. IDK Why it looks so pretty in a swatch (TRASHED) 

Brokedown (Metallic Golden Brown Shimmer) A good everyday all over lid shade, reminds me of Dark Horse a bit. Or maybe Urban Decay Smog. Seems a little more dirty gold though. Love this color

Vanity (Smoky Metallic Eggplant)- Pretty purple, Urban Decay always rocks purples. On me it’s not too special, looks nicer in the swatch but not one I would throw out. At least not yet. Wish it was brighter and had more shimmer to it.

Lucky (Metallic Bronze) I love matching this with Brokedown. Nice quality brighter bronze. Easy to work with and wear.

Reign (Rich Brown Satin)- I love this as a lid shade. This shade has a ton of everyday wearable colors for me and this is another.

Bobby Dazzle (Metallic White with Pale Gold Glitter) - A glittery white. I never know what to do with this. I've tried it as a topper shade and inner corner color and it's not a versatile as I want it to be. I need to just play with it one of these days to see if it's a color I want to keep in my collection.


Alien (Pink Peach with golden shift)- Such a pretty color but the quality it terrible. It's so powdery and not pigmented. Really have to pile it on to get the effect I want.

Alchemy (Deep Fuchsia Satin) - Very pretty wearable berry color in a swatch. Toned down for a berry. Update- Not sure if it has lost it's pizzazz over the years but it's very muted. Not loud at all. Satin texture, no real shimmer and glimmer to it.

Bondage (Deep Smoky Burgundy)- Very pretty purple in a swatch. I like using the shades in this row altogether. I like this purple but it's not as shimmery and really toned down when applied to the eye. I think it could have a little more oomph. Another one that may have degraded over the years. 

Sonic (Metallic Red Copper) My favorite color in the palette! Such a pretty metallic red. At the time also pretty unique. May be easier to dupe these days though.

 

Last Sin (Champagne Shimmer with Silver Micro Glitter) This was also in the Vice 4 palette. And that one is much better. This is powdery and not Pigmented. May toss it later.

Angel ( Light Shimmery Taupe)  I haven’t used this in awhile but I do remember liking it. It’s sheer but buildable. Update: Loving this taupe color,it has a nice micro shimmer and pairs so well with Too Faced Truffle shadow. 

Defy- (Smoky Taupe Satin) I like this color, used to be more unique in my collection, now I have have a few similar shades. But this one goes well with Angel 

Revolver (Soft black Satin)- This one is a pretty blue based black. I do like it with other colors in the palette. 

Overall, I do love the colors here.. some of shades are very pretty but overall the quality is a little average. 







.

















No comments:

Post a Comment