Thursday, March 24, 2022

Zoya 3-in-1 Formula Remove + Review



 I've been coasting right through You on Netflix. I read a few articles trying to understand the show and was shook when I found out people are rooting for Joe. He basically has no redeeming characteristics except for caring about children. Other that...nope. I am repulsed and disgusted by him...especially when he thinks he is logically justifying something to his audience (us). I love that's it's a first person narrative though. My favorite character from the show is Karen Minty. I want her to come back to the show but at the same time, maybe it's better if she never does. Anyway...I'm rambling so let's talk Nail Polish Remover. 

Zoya claims:

Zoya Remove+ Nail Polish Remover is an award wining, gentle, yet highly effective 3-in-1 nail polish remover, nail prep and nail conditioner. Longer nail polish wear starts with Remove Plus. Now get Zoya Remove+ Nail Polish Remover packaged in the portable, spillproof Big Flipper pump container.

BIG5FREE*, vegan friendly.

*Contains no formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, dibutyl phthalate or camphor

This was on my list of things to buy and bring back with me when I was in the states in November. I almost didn't. But before a road trip my sister made us go to Ulta so I picked it up. 

When I first heard about this remover, it was $10. Which is expensive considering you can buy nail polish removers from $1.00- $3.00. Now this one is $12 and you get 8 oz.

Is it worth?

Nope.

At least I don't get the hype.

I do like the packaging. It's a velvet feeling bottle with a pump cap or whatever you call them. Much easier to access the remover and quicker than taking off the cap and tipping the remover onto the pad.. So I will be keeping the bottle and refilling it. But even though the bottle is nice, it doesn't justify the cost. It did leak a little in my suitcase on the way back too. 

I use a big cotton ball and find one can remove regular nail polish pretty quickly and with one cotton ball. It struggled just as much as other removers with textures polishes. But does that make it worth $12? No. It works the same as Cutex which is much more affordable. 

I don't find it makes my nail polish last longer either using this as a remover.

It seems most of the reviews like that it doesn't dry out your skin/nails. I don't usually notice any drying with other removers unless I'm using pure Acetone. I have noticed some of my nails have been peeling again...I can't say for sure it's this remover but I haven't had any issues with that in a long time and I changed nothing but adding this remover. 

It does have acetone...a "mild" acetone.  And it still smells like "remover" although it has a slight pleasant herbal scent to it. 

Ingredients:

2-Propanone, Water (Aqua), Glycerine, Fragrance, D&C Violet #2.

For me, it's overrated and overhyped and I probably won't buy it again. Although...I do think it is a little better than Cutex. Still overhyped.  But I'm glad I finally did get to try it for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment