Tuesday, March 22, 2022

McFadden and Whitehead

 


Quick post today. A disco song. With Big Meaning. According to Wikipedia "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now" is about succeeding despite having faced previous disadvantages ("so many things that held us down"). It was widely interpreted to be about the experience of the African American community, and after attaining popularity, became referred to as "the new black national anthem"[2] (the original being the 1900 song "Lift Every Voice and Sing")"

I can dig it. Sometimes I sing this song to motivate myself. And it works too! 

Also according to Wikipedia the song has a completely different meaning according the the songwriters....but I like the interpreted meaning better. I can relate to it more.


And with that, I feel much better. Today was a rough and tough day and I am in a much better mood. 

*Disco dances off

No comments:

Post a Comment