Monday, March 21, 2022

Chagrin Valley Grapeseed Tomato Facial Soap Review

 I have just now realized the power of marketing. I've always known but I feel sometimes I'm above marketing (I'm not though). I grew up watching the Cosby Show and everything they showed...I want- their cookware, hair brushes..right down to the apple juice. I saw this Apple Juice in the store the other week and it looked familar- I recognized it even though the packaging is different. So I grabbed it and googled it when I got home...and I found out it was the Apple Juice from The Cosby Show. The apple juice of doctors and lawyers 😂. Ive finally tried it for myself. I didn't realize Martinelli's had a cult following. It was OK. I think it's better than Motts. But I haven't had Motts in a long time. There are better (and cheaper brands) in the German supermarkets though. 

I do appreciate that it's made of all US Apples though. Wish they sold the glass bottle. Everything tastes better in glass! 


But I'm rambling. Back the the review.

Chagrin Valley claims:

Organic tomato, organic virgin shea butter and kaolin clay, create a creamy, moisturizing natural complexion soap with a warm floral scent.

Rich oils and butters, combined with fresh organic tomato juice and white China clay, create a fabulous natural complexion soap.  

Shea butter has been used for over a thousand years as a treatment for dry aging skin, dermatitis, and eczema.

Skin-nourishing babassu, one of nature’s richest emollients, contains glycosides, vitamins, and minerals that help soften skin and make it supple.

White China kaolin clay is soothing, cleansing, hydrating, detoxifying, and gives the soap a smooth creamy lather.

A warm floral scent created with geranium, palmarosa, lavender, and ylang ylang essential oils, each of which adds its own skin conditioning properties.

  • Organic tomatoes help balance oily skin, help refine enlarged pores, tighten skin and provide soothing relief for troubled complexions
  • The mildest of the clays, white China kaolin is the choice for dry and sensitive skin as it gently clears clogged pores
  • Organic virgin shea butter is excellent for dry, damaged or maturing skin
  • Organic grapeseed oil is rich in Omega 6, a moisturizing fatty acid important for the skin and cell membranes
  • For people with sensitivities to coconut, this soap is coconut oil free!
Various kinds of tomatoes background  tomatos stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images
I love products with unusual ingredients. Grapeseed oil is more common inn facial oils and I've even used it to make my own blends..but not tomatoes. They are full of vitamin C, lycopene, and other anti-oxidants. They are supposed to be anti-aging. And supposedly they can help even skintone. May reduce risk of sunburn, may promote skin wound healing, may smooth inflammation and on and one. There are many claims....I'm not sure if they do all that but I like the idea of tomato in skincare. You can make your own clay mask with tomato or even just use the juice as a mask. I haven't tried it yet. Maybe one day.
This is an easier way to try it out.

I don't know how much it really benefits your skin in a cold process soap..but I can say I really, really like this soap.

First off, it's completely natural and organic. 

It smells amazing, some kind of fresh floral scent, that's light and natural. Idk how they got this soap to smell so good. But it's amazing. It took me a little while to really appreciate the scent though. 

It's also solid, and comes in a box. So it saves the earth some plastic. I also find bar soaps to last forever (as a face wash).

It completely cleans my face without stripping it. In fact, it feels a little hydrating but I wouldn't go too long without applying a moisturizer. 

As for the claims of helping with pore size- maybe. I never had particularly large pores...they might be smaller though. It's supposed to help balance oily skin and my skin has definitely felt more balanced lately. I haven't noticed oil overproduction at all. It's almost like my skin is normal.

The bar itself is pretty large, the pic I took of it is with two chunks missing. I always forgot to take a pic of it brand new. Whoops! 

I  love that it has Shea Butter too. I was kinda surprised that it has babassu oil- when using that oil straight on my skin I had breakout issues, but no breakout issues with this soap whatsoever. 

Ingredients: 
Organic Grapeseed Oil, Organic Sustainable Palm Oil, Organic Babassu Oil, Organic Virgin Shea Butter, Water, Organic Tomato Juice, Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Organic Canola Oil, Organic Tomato Puree, Organic Castor Oil, Kaolin Clay, Essential Pils of Lavender, Geranium, Palmorosa, Ylang Ylang, Organic Rosemary Extract

Overall, I kinda love this facial soap. I could probably use it for the rest of my life and be completely happy and not bored with it...but I am still going to try them all (from Chagrin Valley) and try other things. It will be on my yearly favorites though and might be a repurchase one day, which is saying something because I rarely repurchase things.


No comments:

Post a Comment