Friday, April 1, 2022

Lush Plum Duff Shower Gel Review



My very last Lush Shower gel. I had quite a big stash for a  a little while, I think now that I'm down to this one I will probably take a mini break from Lush shower gels. I'm trying to get through more of my Lush stuff before I place anymore orders. Otherwise I'll keep using up the new shiny stuff and leaving the old stuff to sit and and sit. 

Lush claims:
Plumped up raisins and tangerine oil make this the king of sweet, zesty showers. Lather up and get ready for a hydrating Christmas wash with a fruity, earthy scent.


This was one of a few new Christmas shower gels and now that I've tried them all I can say I wasn't really blown away with this years Christmas scents. I'm not a fan of Yog Nog, Snow Fairy is OK but not one I need every year,  Jolly Orange was aight, and so was this. I never got to try Plum Rain..which I wish they would bring it back so I can try it. That one seems to be a fan favorite.

This is the prettiest purple color, if I wasn't so lazy I would go blob some out and try to get a picture of it. It's colored nicely but not one that colors everything and leaves your shower purple. Lush really likes using a lot of coloring and sometimes their gels can get messy because of it, lately I've noticed they aren't really as messy.

It lathers nicely, doesn't dry my skin, works well....

The only thing is the scent. It kinda smells like The Comforter bubble bar. But I think the bubble bar smells a bit better, maybe it has more vanilla? 

I just find the scent a little boring in the shower and not exciting. And for Lush prices, I want something that is more on the fun side and makes me excited to wake up and use in the morning. 


I like that it has raisins, I can't recall any other skincare/bath and body product I've ever bought that used raisins in the ingredients, but they have an exfoliating acid that helps to smooth and brighten the skin. It also has Lactic Acid (another smoothing and exfoliating acid), Cedarwood, Tangerine, and Benzoin. 

Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Raisin Infusion, Perfume, LacticAcid, Cedarwood Oil, Tangerine Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Limonene, Linalool, Colour

Overall, not a repurchase for me but something tells me it won't coming back next Christmas anyway. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment