Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Lush Jolly Shower Gel Review


  A Jolly Orange Spice shower gel....oddly similar to one I tried by The Body Shop years and years ago. Except this one is better. The one from The Body Shop smelled horrible. Definitely not for me. When I saw the name and that it was basically the same scent combo, I didn't have the highest hopes. 

Lush claims:

Orange, spice, all things nice

Have a holly, jolly, hot shower with cinnamon, cloves and a dash of cheerful orange juice. Full of warming ingredients to deliver the cosiest shower this Christmas.

The shower gel I tried all those years ago really left it's mark and has me suspicious of all things orange and spice. I just automatically assume I will hate all orange and spice combinations. Even in food. This smells like orange Juicy Fruit gum. There is no such thing...but it really smells like Juicy Fruit gum...with a hint of orange. And a slight spice smell that is actually quite pleasant. There is a note of something I really don't like but if I use a washcloth I don't get much of it.


I used to love Juicy Fruit gum. I never really wanted to shower in it, but here we are.  The scent is not strong...but if I use a lot it does really fill up the bathroom. Doesn't stick around long though

I do like the scent, it's not a love or something I want another bottle of. I probably don't have to worry about that because I doubt it will be offered next year. Lush seems to keep Yog Nog, Snow Fairy around and then change the rest out. 

It's orange, it lathers well (very well), doesn't dry my skin, and rinses cleanly.

The ingredients are interesting. For a minute Lush was getting away from using Sodium Lauryl Sulfate..but I guess it didn't work out so they are back to it. I don't usually have too many problems with SLS unless it's in a shampoo or facial cleanser. I do love that is has a few different orange oils. I love orange oils. They are such an uplifting scent, even mixed with cinnamon.

Ingredients:
Orange and Cinnamon Stick Infusion, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerin, Water, Lauryl Betaine, Clove Oil, Brazilian Orange Peel, Tangerine Oil

Overall, it was OK. Not something I would buy again...but I enjoyed using it up. My favorite Christmas gel still remains the Roasting Chestnuts on an Open Fire. 




No comments:

Post a Comment