Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Make Up Haul: Viseart and MAC

 I was reading a reddit thread of people talking about MAC Cosmetics and if it's lost popularity. It used to be THE makeup to have but now there are a million other brands.Which is good, there's room for brands...most fill different needs. But is MAC irrelevant? I don't think so. I still want some of their products. I mean they were one of the first brands to have a pretty inclusive line. They were the first I can think of with memorable collabs. They are widely available in many places of the world. And they are still good for the occasional staple...mostly reliable. I'm not into collecting their brushes as heavy as I used to be since the switch to synthetic. But I still visit the site and make wishlists. And I know a few people that buy their favorites consistently so they have the repeat market cornered. What do you think?

Anyway I bought two things from each line. OG MAC and Viseart. Which is a brand I really only started buying this past year after wanting to try them for years. Now I have most of their matte basic pro palettes so I likely won't be buying anymore. I'm after more "special shades" now. Duo chromes, sparkly shades or brights. I have enough neutrals. 


The Viseart palette took about two months to get to me, but they finally came yesterday. I love the size of them. And that I can get their classic $80 palettes in a smaller size for half the price. I wanted to try both palettes...but not sure I would like the cool palette (except the purples and blues) and not sure of the warm mattes since a lot of is light. The yellows were calling to me but the first one while beautiful in the pan is not a dark yellow as I wanted it to be. 


I got the Warm Mattes palette.

And Cool Mattes. So far they seem to be the same quality...but I haven't used them. Just swatched some.


Comparison of the regular size pans to the baby pans.

And then I bought a lip glass. Idk why because I mask up all the time but for whatever reason I was like...I need a lipgloss. This one is in the color Beaux. I feel like it will go nicely with some of my nude lipsticks. Give it some oomph. 

And I finally bought Blue Brown pigment! It's been on my wishlist for forever. And since I've been chucking out shades I don't like, I felt like it was finally time to pick it up. I had a dupe from L'oreal that I loved back in the day. This one seems more sparkly. I kinda wish I bought the large size. It's so sparkly and duo-chrome like without using a fixing spray.


I'll probably be doing a first impression of the two palettes soon. And a review of blue brown. It will take me a while of course....



No comments:

Post a Comment